Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: International applicants to CIP

Registered
    Aug 2001

International applicants to CIP

Hi all...
    I am seeking a little information from those AICP members that have applied for and/or tested for the MCIP certification under the reciprocation agreement between the American Institute of Certified Planners and Canadian Institute of Planners. In looking through the materials on the CIP website, it is somewhat unclear as to whether one turns in their application for full membership first and then they let you know whether you need a portfolio review or additional examination, or whether you apply for all of the above at once.

Also, for those of you that have successfully completed the examination, what materials would you suggest studying for the exam?

Any insight into the process is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Deb

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Dear Deb,

I have no knowledge that would assist in answering this question and no inkling as to how to obtain it. However I do think you have waited long enough and deserve to know. I hope your elevation back to the top of the thread list assists in some small way.

Can I offer you assistance in setting the timing belt of a 1979 Toyota Corona - those things wear out quicker than manners at a Council meeting.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. School: CUNY/Hunter Hunter MUP Applicants
    Student Commons
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 04 Apr 2013, 12:13 AM
  2. MLA applicants
    Student Commons
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 20 Oct 2008, 5:23 PM
  3. Local applicants only
    Career Development and Advice