Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Maintaining records for inquiries

Registered
    Nov 2006

Maintaining records for inquiries

How does everyone handle filing their inquiry projects? I've been creating a manilla file folder for each one and if it moves into a *real* project with an actual submittal I transfer all of the materials from it to the project file. I've been considering moving everything into digital files and scanning all my pre-app stuff since so many of these types of projects never come to fruition. Any suggestions or pitfalls? I don't suppose anyone has created an amazing Access database with reports sorting inquiry, pending, and complete projects and would like to share?
    How about you take a gander at making an executive decision for once, huh?

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I keep what I call a "development contact file" for each year. Every time someone calls about development of a piece of property, I type up a summary of what we talked about, print it and put it in this file. But not separate files for every inquiry. Holy cow!! That's would be a lot of manilla files.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I've never created "files" for notes from pre-app meetings. If I do take notes, they go into a "special" file that is transfered into the "round" file when an application is submitted. Cuts down on the material you need to provide resulting from a public records request. Yeah, I'm probably breaking the law but try to catch me and prove it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 01 Feb 2013, 12:11 PM
  2. Maintaining skills
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 30 Jan 2008, 2:10 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last post: 04 Dec 2004, 8:33 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 22 Jun 2004, 12:35 PM