Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your plans for the weekend

What are your plans for the weekend

I have to take my wife to the airport tomorrow morning, so I will have a bachelor wekend. I have to go food shopping Saturday morning since to refrig is somewhat empty, I definitely need some beer and peanuts.

Saturday nite I am going to explore all the new cable TV channels I have, i just had a phone, computer hook-up, cable TV setup installed. I have about 300 stations, HBO, Starz and Showtime. I've never had Showtime or Starz. I probably should be somewhat productive and see if the laundry needs doing and if I am in the mood I will clean up all the magazines in the house and put them in the recycling bin.

Sunday, maybe a movie, any suggestions.

What are you doing this weekend?

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Hanging out with my boys...was going to go out with friends but uh, not feeling so well today and figure I am going to need 2 days to recoup from last night

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Ah, so you are going to be a couch potato on Saturday, eh?

I am hoping to look at a few houses with my sister tomorrow. I've been trying to get her to move out of her declining neighborhood (where she's lived for 20 years) for awhile now; she's actually found 2 or 3 homes that she likes and wants to see again.

I'll probably start cleaning out my car too, as we are planning to put it up for sale soon.

A movie would be good. I'll have to check that other thread for suggestions.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I am stuck in my apartment in Iowa during this Blizzard. I haven't seen a storm like this in 10 years. I'm wondering why I left the South. Looks like I will be shut in for a couple of days.
    Trying to get my grubby hands on as much stimulus money as I can.:D

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Going clothes shopping in downtown Chicago and then meet friends a nice restaurant on the Northside and then walk around the Lincoln Park Zoo.

Sunday will be sitting around doing chores probably and continue putting off registering at Babies R Us.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Going to see Sen. Chuck Hagel speak tonight, maybe hit up the Irish pub for a couple of Smithwicks afterwards. Tomorrow is paper writing day to finish a monster paper on the free-rider problems of the Kyoto Protocol, write an abstract for a paper on civil society in Kurdistan, and start framing up my paper on the supposed leadership qualities of Newt Gingrich. Sunday is midterm exam review study group for Public Finance. What am I studying again? Oh yeah, I almost forgot....planning.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by chrisinmd View post
    I have to take my wife to the airport tomorrow morning, so I will have a bachelor wekend.
    [pity party]I took my fiance to the airport Wednesday morning. So I have a bachelor weekend (and end of the week) myself. However, I am thinking about her all this time as she had to leave for a family reasons and we couldn't afford to fly me out too. So I am in Colorado, she is in Idaho and the dog and I miss her immensely. So, not a lot of fun for me...I guess...[/pity party]

However, I will be going to the CU-Denver open house tomorrow to meet some of the faculty for their MURP program. Hopefully shaking some hands and asking some questions will help in my getting admitted to the program.
    Then I'll go see my folks for a bit while in Denver. (hmmmm... Mom can cook!)

Sunday, I'll drive to the airport and pick up my fiance.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post

Sunday will be sitting around doing chores probably and continue putting off registering at Babies R Us.
    You know, you can do all your registering online without leaving the house, at babies r us and at target, and probably other places, too.

I'll be trying to stay warm. Probably go the the fabric store with my daughter tomorrow, to buy some more to finish up the quilt I am making. Then we'll go to a McDonalds with a playroom (our sat. tradition). Probably rent a movie for tomorrow night (hopefully Flags of Our Fathers won't be rented out). Sunday is always grocery shopping, tidying up the house and relaxing day.

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    just back from a massive dog fight session
    ayup muckers,

straight from work i'm going to treat myself to a new pair of trainers (sneakers - apologies if I'm patronising anyone...) and jeans, probably a couple of ice cold Zywiec beers tonight in front of the idiot box.

Tomorrow I'm going through to Sheffield to see Sheffield United v. Everton in the Premier League, probably end up getting utterly ratarsed. Then I'm back through to Leeds in the evening for a house party.

Sunday I'll probably be swearing to myself that 'I'm never drinking again' whilst slowly dying in bed - which is a bit of a Sunday tradition. Then it'll be down to The Reliance boozer for a spot of lunch/tea.

Have a good one kids!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by HarryFossettsHat View post
    ayup muckers,

straight from work i'm going to treat myself to a new pair of trainers (sneakers - apologies if I'm patronising anyone...) and jeans, probably a couple of ice cold Zywiec beers tonight in front of the idiot box.

Tomorrow I'm going through to Sheffield to see Sheffield United v. Everton in the Premier League, probably end up getting utterly ratarsed. Then I'm back through to Leeds in the evening for a house party.

Sunday I'll probably be swearing to myself that 'I'm never drinking again' whilst slowly dying in bed - which is a bit of a Sunday tradition. Then it'll be down to The Reliance boozer for a spot of lunch/tea.

Have a good one kids!
    I miss having some football fans around here.

I'll be up early as the lunch time game of Liverpool v Man Utd broadcasts here starting at 7:40am. Then Arsenal v Reading is piped in. Later in the day I'll be able to catch the tape delayed Fulham v Villa game.

Glory, glory Man Utd......
    (had to get that in there)
    Last edited by michiganplanner; 02 Mar 2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: forgot something
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    RJ's flying in this evening. We don't have any firm plans. It'll be too chilly for the beach. Well, I guess we could have margaritas anyway....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Damn... Last weekend before going back to uni...

We'll probably go to work in the lot my parents bought as a recreational getaway... right now it's mostly forest and it's quite hard to get around in there, besides a few trails that we've already cleared out or that were already there, so more clearing to do, not cutting down the forest, since that's the point... to have a forest, just make it more accesible, and eventually clear up a part to put a cabin there.

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by michiganplanner View post
    I miss having some football fans around here.

I'll be up early as the lunch time game of Liverpool v Man Utd broadcasts here starting at 7:40am. Then Arsenal v Reading is piped in. Later in the day I'll be able to catch the tape delayed Fulham v Villa game.

Bloody Manc scum

Should be a cracking game the Liverpool v. Man Utd. Time for a football thread maybe? Or will it only be inhabited by me and thee?!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Time for a football thread maybe? Or will it only be inhabited by me and thee?!
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28544

About 120 seconds before you posted. What were the odds?!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm going to practice my "shacking up" skills this weekend.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    ayup muckers,

Have a good one kids!
    That is the most English thing I have ever heard!

Seeing Derby Rams v. Tottenham Hotspur a few years back was one of the times of my life!!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Bloody Manc scum

Should be a cracking game the Liverpool v. Man Utd. Time for a football thread maybe? Or will it only be inhabited by me and thee?!
    What can I say??? When cable television was finally delivered to my part of the world in the late late 80's, United games were the only ones they showed....at odd hours in the middle of the night.
    Last edited by michiganplanner; 02 Mar 2007 at 11:42 AM.
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by michiganplanner View post
    And here I was thinking you were a Blackburn Rovers fan like myself. Traitor.

Weekend plans? Was supposed to be having a friend up for the weekend, but he has had to cancel. Might drag the wife along to the War Museum instead. Dinner with friends on Sunday night.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    on Sunday - we are hosting my second daughter's 8th birthday - we invite 8 of her friends and their families for a Sunday dinner that usually results in a hangover Monday morning

I think it's about 35 people - we usually throw the kids outside as soon as they arrive

dinner is simple and Theresa got to pick her meal:

Homemade Smoked Turkey
    wild rice mix from the local organic market that she loves
    salad

choice of 3 cakes: chocolate with chocolate icing, vanilla with vanilla icing or Gingerbread with cream cheese icing

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    That is the most English thing I have ever heard!

Seeing Derby Rams v. Tottenham Hotspur a few years back was one of the times of my life!!
    OUCH! Its Derby County! their nickname is 'The Rams' though, so have half a point

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

Veg Definitely Veg
    Will go off exercise schedule
    Normal diet
    Will become a Sloth

Registered
    May 2005
    The family is going camping this weekend! First time since fall. Being a good urbanist, we will be going to the City of Rocks with a day trip into Silver City (southwest New Mexico). The City of Rocks is a crazy place (see photos) - a collection of volcanic plugs exposed by erosion and resulting a stonehenge-type configuration that is tons of fun to explore, especially for the kids. It will probably be pretty cold at night, but with two dogs as portable heaters, we should be ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails City of Rocks.jpg   Cityscape.jpg  

The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Jan 2006
    OUCH! Its Derby County! their nickname is 'The Rams' though, so have half a point
    My apologies. I think they have been demoted from the Premiership.

I owe you a pint of the scrumpy!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'm going to be anywhere other than here...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I'm painting the baby's room tomorrow then head to a surprise 30th birthday party up in Havre de Grace in th evening.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 45
    Last post: 02 Sep 2005, 1:33 PM
  2. plans this holiday weekend?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 46
    Last post: 16 Jun 2005, 4:12 PM