Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Microsoft street spammers arrested

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Microsoft street spammers arrested

A sight I thought I'd never see. It gives this one-time sign code administrator the warm-and-fuzzies.

From http://www.losanjealous.com/2007/03/...amers-at-sxsw/

In a rare instance of us supporting The Man, Austin P.D. hauls off a guerrilla marketing posterer for Microsoft Zune on 6th St. at SXSW.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    That's awesome. It's just a shame that the guy they hired to do it catches all the flack and his employer says "who, yeah, we don't know that guy."
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

I agree with Dan, this gives me warm fuzzies, and they usually do give you a lot of lip service
    but I also have to agree with jresta, you can't get at the guy who put him or her out there
    and if you are able to get at him or her, often the prosecutor will plead it down
    because of the cost.
    And I can see the prosecutors side to
    That is the trouble with our planner mentality, we try to look at every ones side and I think that is a good thing
    but thank you Dan for sharing It does bring back memories and it does provide one with warm fuzzies

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I love walking around downtown before work or during lunch ripping that crap off of lightposts. It gets infectious and sometimes you see others doing the same thing after watching me.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 05 Feb 2013, 12:15 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last post: 12 Jan 2009, 3:01 PM
  3. Lohan Arrested (Again)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 24 Jul 2007, 5:35 PM
  4. Spammers...
    Cyburbia Issues and Help