Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Need to reopen threads for editing

Need to reopen threads for editing

I would like to reopen the following threads for editing so I can write in accurate links to the gallery and get rid of all the red Xs.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14883
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8700

I have some updated pictures for the Cairo thread, so I would especially like to update that. Let me know if someone can do this. Thanks.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I just looked at them, and the threads are open. Maybe a mod got to them before I did.

Quote Originally posted by Dan
    I just looked at them, and the threads are open. Maybe a mod got to them before I did.

Oops, I meant that I need to open the posts for editing. Like Post #1, etc. That way I can put new URLs in to get rid of the Rex Xs. In other words, I need the EDIT button put back. Can this be done?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    Oops, I meant that I need to open the posts for editing. Like Post #1, etc. That way I can put new URLs in to get rid of the Rex Xs. In other words, I need the EDIT button put back. Can this be done?
    Not without making you a moderator. Users have 12 hours to edit their posts; after that, it's locked. You can post a followup, which I (or a mod) can use to edit the OP if you want.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Not without making you a moderator. Users have 12 hours to edit their posts; after that, it's locked. You can post a followup, which I (or a mod) can use to edit the OP if you want.
    I'm having a problem with editing my posts. I'll go back to a post during the 12 hour editing window only to find the editing option is no longer available. Is this a problem on my end or something new with the forums. I need to do something because the sloppy spelling mistakes are looking bad.

I suppose I could review my post beforehand, but that would be too easy.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    A few months ago, we cut down the editing time to an hour. Why? On other sites, spammers were posting innocent-looking messages in active threads, returning later to change their posts to spam after the thread progressed to another page. We have the spam problem under control for the most part, so we'll consider upping the editing time a bit.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Thanks [b]Dan[/], I just wanted to know what was happening. Now where's that grammar check?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Editing and your work
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 05 Jun 2006, 2:04 PM
  2. question about editing profile
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 19 Jun 2003, 2:45 PM