Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Can I advertise our planning journal in a thread please?

Can I advertise our planning journal in a thread please?

Hello there!

I'm a new member of your forums, registered under the username of 'theory & practice'.

I manage a journal called Planning Theory and Practice. Our focus is very international, bringing together contributors from Asia, Europe, Africa, North and South America. The main aim of the journal is to bring together the academic side of spatial planning with the practical side, so that ideas can be shared. To this end, we publish a special 'Interface' section, which places contributions from world-renowned academics with writing from practitioners who are involved with especially interesting projects around the world, bringing perspectives from many different countries together. Recent topics have included 'Planning Schools around the World: Different Perspectives' and 'Reflections on The City of Sendai'.

I was wondering whether it might be possible to post adverts for forthcoming editions of the journal on your site, as it may well contain articles which would interest your members? I am not thinking of anything obtrusive (no neon flashing lights and promises of winning a million, honest !), just a simple post in a thread every quarter, which would tell people what's in the next edition, and give some details of how to subscribe (I'm hoping we might be able to offer some special rates too).

Please let me know whether this would be OK! I wanted to get permission before going ahead, because I really don't want to offend anyone.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    You are more than welcome to post about upcoming issues of your journal in the "Kiosk" subforum.

Thanks tranplanner!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Sep 2012, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last post: 17 Feb 2012, 5:46 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 17 Feb 2005, 3:50 PM