Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Afraid of Heights Attraction

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well I've been up in the CN Tower and the WTC (nevar 4get!!!1!one!eleven)so I doubt I'll have a problem with it... besides I bet it's a great view.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Walking gingerly across the translucent surface, visitors hear the glass layers creak. Far below, directly underfoot, they see the Colorado River as a pea-green ribbon.
    Help me out folks. Is this thing translucent or transparent? If it's translucent, you can't see through it. Like the RenCen for all you pervs thinking about running to the bottom of the canyon and looking up.

So, if it's translucent, no problem. If it's transparent, well...they'd have to pay me AND give me a drink afterward. Not before, because it would be embarassing enough to be dragged kicking and screaming over it without p*ssing my pants at the same time.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton View post
    WTC (nevar 4get!!!1!one!eleven)
    Kidding or not, that's uncalled for. I always had the feeling you were a dick but recently you have been removing all doubt.
    @GigCityPlanner

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Kidding or not, that's uncalled for. I always had the feeling you were a dick but recently you have been removing all doubt.
    Wow... thanks for your kind words. I understand that some people may feel offended, my intention wasn't to belittle the 9/11 attacks, just a small politically incorrect joke on the excessively used catchphrase. Just remember that walking while looking back is a sure recipe for accidents...

Now can we stay on topic please?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton View post
    Wow... thanks for your kind words. I understand that some people may feel offended, my intention wasn't to belittle the 9/11 attacks,
    Moderator note:
    We can only assume you meant to say your intent was not to belittle the victims of the 9/11 attacks.

Skel, ice doesn't get much thinner than what you're treading on right now.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I'm not exactly afraid of heights....I can be on a roof of a two story house just fine, but when it comes to not having terra firma under my feet 4K ft in the air I'm going to have to pass on that adventure.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jun 2003
    yeah, I know this thread is dying....but for the curious, I did find a link with some nice, and some not so nice shots of this Skywalk thing. As it sits, it sure ain't pretty.

http://ueba.net/hosted_pages/Skywalk-20070321

but I'd still do it. Bet I could get some pretty cool photographs on it!
    You're more boring than you know.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 25 Mar 2013, 7:06 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 30 Aug 2012, 10:18 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Aug 2012, 9:50 PM
  4. Another Afraid of Heights Attraction
    Friday Afternoon Club