Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: State park and sustainable design

Registered
    Aug 2001

State park and sustainable design

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or not. I'm looking for advice on putting together a stellar RFQ submittal for Master Planning a new Colorado State Park. There are huge requirements for each building to be sustainable and prefereably all to be LEED Gold.

Has anyone done any work with the Park system, Colorado or otherwise?

Thanks for any help, ideas, suggestions or advice!
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.-- William H. Whyte..

Registered
    Aug 2001
    First piece of advice...

Team with a great engineering/planning firm with an in-house LEED team and good park experience!

I can't really give you a whole lot of advice that you don't already know. Make contact if possible. View the site if possible. Understand what is being asked and play your strengths.

Anything in aprticularthat you were wanting to know?
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We are going to team with Leo A. Daly.

What I am looking for right now however is a very experienced GIS team member, preferably with park experience. And also a very experienced business development/ economic team member!.

We are looking for team members that are from Colorado primarily but will definitely talk to other firms that have extensive state park experience.
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.-- William H. Whyte..

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 30 May 2012, 9:08 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:45 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 09 Jan 2008, 5:11 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 23 Jun 2006, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last post: 26 Jun 2005, 10:21 PM