Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planning for Re-Education Camps - best practices

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Planning for Re-Education Camps - best practices

Thankfully, the Party has been able to take control of this community and truely make it about the People, we need to develop the ideal and most pratical layout for the re-education camps for the "less-than-willing".
    • Barracks - focused inward to a central court with all rag covered windows facing it to encourage the examination of fellow members.
    • Perimeter walls - solid and smooth 16 foot barriers (built by the members) to prevent the unimpeded education process.
    Last edited by mendelman; 02 Apr 2007 at 10:28 AM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    There must be community gardens to share work and the bounty of the people.

Oh yes comrades do not forget the important placement of watch towers! We must observe the activities of our comrades as they are helped to understand the importance of our Great Leader
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Comrade planners, one must not forget the importance of setbacks in planning re-education camps. I recommend any camp be set back a minimum of 300 kilometers from any adjacent human settlements.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Comrades,

Let us not forget that planning for these great assests is only one portion of the well-itended project. The Re-Education District has the final call on all design, location, and programs for the camps.

That being said, architecture design is strictly controlled in my portion of the glorious jurisdiction. All residential quarters are minimalistly designed. Four to Six, 5-story block buildings are mandatory as a minimum design. Balconies are strictly forbidden.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerGirl View post
    There must be community gardens to share work and the bounty of the people.

Oh yes comrades do not forget the important placement of watch towers! We must observe the activities of our comrades as they are helped to understand the importance of our Great Leader
    Comrade aparatchik PlannerGirl, we could not help but notice that you have again placed reference to our Great Leader at the end of a sentence! Assuredly, this was an oversight on your part?

On an entirely unrelated matter, you are requested to report to the Secretariat of Language Affairs at 1800 hrs. Please bring a change of clothing and a toothbrush. That is all.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Part of the Re-Education process will include clearing the land by:
    "cutting down ... the forest... with... a herring! "

The camps must have "shrubbery that ... looks nice and not too expensive."

AIB MP
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Comrade Maister thank you! You are correct and I will report as requested
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    You must not forget that reeducation camps should be placed next to a busy, high-capacity intercity passenger rail line, one that that guests can easily employ when traveling to the camp.

Given all the site planning and location criteria, I believe the best location for a reeducation camp is in Гранд-Рапидс. Construction using strictly volunteer labor will begin immediately.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    You must not forget that reeducation camps should be placed next to a busy, high-capacity intercity passenger rail line, one that that guests can easily employ when traveling to the camp.

Given all the site planning and location criteria, I believe the best location for a reeducation camp is in ГРАНД-РАПИДС.

Glorious Leader, how generous and kind of you to remind me of my forgetfulness and stupidity. Stanskyfest 2007 polls will be up shortly!!!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I propose that the camp include a potassium fertilizer production plant and a tractor seat factory. Our studies have shown that farming collectives in the region have faced shortages of potassium fertilizer. Considering that we have ready access to the world leader in Potassium, Kazakhstan, we should exploit all means of utilizing it. Another study found that tractors were being shipped without seats, while a Lada plant in Minsk was installing tractor seats in sedans. Nonetheless, they did exceed their quota for the year.
    Adrift in a sea of beige

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Comrades...it appears the capitalists have insituted a counter-revolution and regained control of the Community's Great Committee. As the Great Leader would want, we must not interact with their like, for fear of philiosophical contamination.

End Thread.....for now?
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Definitions Fish camps; your definitions
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 19 Jul 2013, 6:54 PM
  2. Hiring practices of regional planning agencies
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 21 Jul 2011, 10:02 AM
  3. Replies: 0