Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Quicken, MS Money or Moneydance

Registered
    Aug 2001

Quicken, MS Money or Moneydance

This thread could go here or in FAC, but Im looking for opinions and recommmendations on money managing software.

Does anyone use Moneydance? I've heard nothing but curses on Quicken having to do with v. 7 and problems with Vista and quicken.

I use online banking to pay bills and I want to download transactions from credit cards, mutual funds and money markets. Im still using windows xp v. 5.1 i think.

What has been your experience, if any with these products?

Im too lazy to build my own spreadsheet TYVM

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Moved to the FAC, since it doesn't deal with the use of IT in planning. Carry on.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i've used quicken in the past and quick books for some consulting. my distrust of microsoft led me to remove the copy that came installed on one computer. figured maybe bill gates knew how much money i had and could base pricing of the next windows upgrade on that.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I have been thinking about using quicken.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    We use Quicken. So far so good, and we're not on Vista.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I used quicken for a few years, now I use this thing called a checkbook. The rest of it is pretty much on automode and it gives me a chance to actually use applied mathmatics!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2002
    We use Quicken. Don't have Vista. Haven't had any problems. It interfaces well with Turbotax, making doing the taxes a lot easier.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. $35.23 of 'mad money'
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 10 Feb 2012, 9:05 PM
  2. Money, Money, Money
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 25 Apr 2006, 9:05 PM
  3. Asking for more money...
    Student Commons