Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Michael Vick should be banished from the NFL and needs to burn hell.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

Why Michael Vick should be banished from the NFL and needs to burn hell.

LINK
    ATLANTA - A prominent animal-rights group called on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to ban players who are involved in dog fighting, saying it was especially troubled that evidence of the deadly activity was allegedly found at a home owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.
    To say that I am outraged over this is an understatement. I want to see Vick banished from all professional sports, including as a commentator with a network or a coach. More so, he should be prohibited from owning or being around any animal of any type.

What are your thoughts?
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    LINK

To say that I am outraged over this is an understatement. I want to see Vick banished from all professional sports, including as a commentator with a network or a coach. More so, he should be prohibited from owning or being around any animal of any type.

What are your thoughts?
    I liked Vick as a QB. The man has talent to burn and if he ever got on a good team... That being said, here lately, his personal life is overshadowing his talent and under Goodel's NFL that's not good. Should he sit out for a few games, yes. Hopefully that would be a wake-up for him. As for the dog fighting, I place in with cock fighting and the rest of animal fighting. It's 2007, we need to be over this as a society.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2006
    With the details the way they are I will reserve judgment until all the facts are determined.

If it was his cousin acting alone and this was discovered through a police investigation then let him play.

If Ron Mexico was the ring leader then the criminal court system will take care of him and the NFL can suspend him until the Cubs win a World Series or the (AZ) Cardinals win the Super Bowl.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    ugh... anyone who abuses animals (at least sentenced to thousands of hours of community service and steep fines). Animal abuse often leads to abuse of children and adults....
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by tsc View post
    ugh... anyone who abuses animals (at least sentenced to thousands of hours of community service and steep fines). Animal abuse often leads to abuse of children and adults....
    I agree 110%

It's a shame Joey Porter went to the Dolphins. If he had gone to Atlanta he and Vick could possibly open a kennel/petting zoo together

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    While burning in hell might very well be appropriate, I'm not sure I can make the connection between dogfighting and anybody's job. If BillyBob does it, do the animal rights folks call the manager down at the Piggly Wiggly and demand that he be suspended from his stock boy job? It seems like there might be a bit of a double standard at play here...

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Its a shame the Vick brothers seem to be drawn to trouble like a bug to a flame but if you harm animals or kids in my book there is a level of hell I wish to see them in that more than fits the crime
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Bump.

Federal indictment for Vick.

Sickening.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    May 2005
    I'll admit, I may smack my dog on the ass occasionally, or throw a pillow at him when he's driven me to insanity (Like last night, when he decided to use my carpeted den as his toilet once again ).

However, after reading some of the allegations in that indictment, it makes me sick to my stomach. For me, this is worse than some of the other players with DUI's or gun charges. When you start abusing the small, the weak and those that rely upon you (children and animals), you are no longer considered human in my book.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    This is really disturbing. I know the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, but if they have enough to indict him, then I would think that clearly they have something that shows that he not only knew about the stuff at his house, but actively participated in some way.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    The other half is a VT alum and big time football supporter, we talk about the brothers Vick in our house a good bit or did until the last year or so. Yup my personal disgust with the Vicks is quite clear below read at your own risk.

I've long felt the brothers are just thugs, they were graced with sports ability but cant stay out of trouble or association with trouble if their lives depended on it. Older brother kept most of his BS out of the press by in large but younger brother was not just a "young punk" needing to grow up but a thug. Now more is coming out that older brother is as well.

Yup I strongly believe in the court of law and innocent until proving guilty but how many brushes with the law, press, schools, etc does one family need before the "im innocent" just does not ring true anymore?

If you or I had done some of these things we would have had the book thrown at us, no second chances but not the Vicks. I hope this time if he is found guilty that there are no more "chances" no more forgiveness by the teams just a good bye enjoy life behind bars.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by CJC View post
    This is really disturbing. I know the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, but if they have enough to indict him, then I would think that clearly they have something that shows that he not only knew about the stuff at his house, but actively participated in some way.
    ESPN did an investigation of Vick about a month ago or so and they had an interview with a source (anonymous with face blacked-out and voice distortion) that said that Vick was a major player in the dog fighting underworld. I wonder if he'll testify.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    This morning when I heard the details of the charges and what they did to those poor dogs, I almost got sick. I have a soft spot for dogs and his actions are beyond unacceptable.

My disgust for him is beyond explanation at this point. I have full intention of a full media campaign calling for his head on a silver platter if he EVER plays football again. This afternoon, I plan on writing a letter to the Atlanta Felons asking them to suspend Michael Vick without pay until his name is cleared of all wrong doing, and informing them that I will be contacting all possible internet media outlets regarding the matter and asking them to do the same. Additionally, I am going to ask that people boycott all Atlanta Falcon games, regardless if it is a home game or not.

So if you could send them a letter or an e-mail, please do so at the following:

Atlanta Falcons
    4400 Falcon Parkway
    Flowery Branch, GA 30542

or

feedback@fans.atlantafalcons.com

As a codes administrator, legally the property owner is held responsible for violations on the property of his tenants. There is no way that he did not have knowledge of the activities that took place at his property. More so, there appears to be evidence that he was an active part in it.

Remember, it is one thing for us to comment to each other in agreement of how horrible this is, but it is a worthless activity if we are not willing to put our actions behind our statements. So I strongly encourage you to step up and take action. Do not let this man set foot back onto a football field until he can PROVE that he did not have any knowledge of it.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Nice and heartfelt, M'skis, but probably a complete waste of time. The Falcons and the NFL won't do anything until this works its way though the court system. This isn't a Pacman Jones or Tank Johnson situation, since Vick has a fairly clean slate (in the eyes of the league).

With that said, I hope that if he is convicted that he gets jail time and is banned from the NFL for life...and I'm a Falcons fan that's facing the possibility of having to suffer through a season or two with a Deeeeeeeetroit Lions cast-off as the starting QB.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    ...and I'm a Falcons fan that's facing the possibility of having to suffer through a season or two with a Deeeeeeeetroit Lions cast-off as the starting QB.
    OFF TOPIC
    What? You don't think Joey Blue Sky is gonna lead you to the Super Bowl?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I hear he's going to be on a new team soon!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Apr 2003
    *note... the e-mail address that they posted was bumped back (domain no recognized...). I wonder if they are getting a few e-mails.

As for the NFL... I don’t think that they need to do anything. It is the Falcon’s that need to take action and sideline him.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    This story makes me sick. Poor animals.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Truly sickening behaviour but I'd want to see a conviction before banning him from the NFL.

Registered
    May 2005
    I just realized the title of this thread says "....needs to burn hell.", instead of "...needs to burn IN hell."

Now if Vick can actually burn hell itself, maybe he's actually the devil

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by digger View post
    While burning in hell might very well be appropriate, I'm not sure I can make the connection between dogfighting and anybody's job. If BillyBob does it, do the animal rights folks call the manager down at the Piggly Wiggly and demand that he be suspended from his stock boy job? It seems like there might be a bit of a double standard at play here...
    Vick is paid by Arthur Blank. Besides being a multi-billionaire, Mr. Blank makes money off of fans that buy stuff and go see games. If Vick is a detriment to him turning a profit, which I think he may be in this city now, he will not be here very long.

We are not talking about Billy Bob in this incident. We are talking about one the highest payed players in the NFL. He makes over ten million a year. You think he would be smart enough to not do STUPID CRAP that could take away his livlihood. Whether he is found guilty or not, his public credibility by being associated with this (and the water bottle incident, and flipping off fans after games, and the Ron Mexico incident) is shot.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    Vick is paid by Arthur Blank. Besides being a multi-billionaire, Mr. Blank makes money off of fans that buy stuff and go see games. If Vick is a detriment to him turning a profit, which I think he may be in this city now, he will not be here very long.

We are not talking about Billy Bob in this incident. We are talking about one the highest payed players in the NFL. He makes over ten million a year. You think he would be smart enough to not do STUPID CRAP that could take away his livlihood. Whether he is found guilty or not, his public credibility by being associated with this (and the water bottle incident, and flipping off fans after games, and the Ron Mexico incident) is shot.
    And as much as athletes like Vick might want people to think that their only job is "playing football", pro athletes, and especially those of Vick's stature - are brands in themselves. Part of their job is maintaining their "brand".

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post

Arther Blank is also the major owner of Home Depot...

Yesterday I e-mailed a local talk radio station... this morning they are calling for a boycott of Home Depot and any and all Falcons tickets or merchandise. They also said that Vick will never get another endorsement.

It sounds like they are on board on my media war against Vick and anyone who shelters him.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Yesterday I e-mailed a local talk radio station... this morning they are calling for a boycott of Home Depot and any and all Falcons tickets or merchandise. They also said that Vick will never get another endorsement.

It sounds like they are on board on my media war against Vick and anyone who shelters him.
    Does Mr. Vick get to sue you for damages if he ends up being found not-guilty (unlikely as that is)

Registered
    Nov 2005

You need a correction on this point Arther Blank WAS a major part of home depot. He was one of the founders of the company. He is no longer associated in the management or the Board of Directors of the company, only as a stock holder.
    Satellite City Enabler

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 23 Apr 2012, 2:45 PM
  2. Michael Vick - Does Anyone Care?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 6:30 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Jan 2005, 10:25 PM