Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the best fast food?

Registered
    Aug 1997

Who has the best fast food?

Zagat released the results of a survey on fast food restaurants.
    They found that Wendy's had the best burger, McDonalds the best fries, Chik-fil-A the best chicken, and Dairy Queen the best shakes.
    In summary, their findings are (higher score is better):

Mega-Chains (Chains with 5,000+ restaurants)
    Top Food
    20 Wendy's
    18 Subway
    17 Pizza Hut
    17 Dairy Queen
    16 KFC

Top Facilities
    15 Wendy's
    14 McDonald's
    14 Subway
    13 Pizza Hut
    12 Dairy Queen

Top Service
    16 Subway
    15 Wendy's
    14 Domino's Pizza
    14 Pizza Hut
    14 Dairy Queen

Top Overall
    17 Wendy's
    16 Subway
    15 Pizza Hut
    14 Dairy Queen
    14 McDonald's

All Chains (Large and small chains)
    Top Food
    24 Panera Bread Co.
    23 Chick-fil-A
    23 Chipotle
    20 Quizno's Sub
    20 Wendy's

Top Facilities
    23 Panera Bread Co.
    20 Chipotle
    20 Chick-fil-A
    17 Sonic Drive-In
    16 Quizno's Sub

Top Service
    20 Chick-fil-A
    19 Panera Bread Co.
    19 Chipotle
    19 Sonic Drive-In
    16 Quizno's Sub

Top Overall
    22 Panera Bread Co.
    21 Chick-fil-A
    21 Chipotle
    18 Sonic Drive-In
    18 Quizno's Sub

Some smaller chains, like Whataburger and Taco Bueno here in Texas, were not included.

Wendy's, Subway, Panera, Chipotle, and Chick-fil-A seemed to score well across the board.

They also found an average person having 12 fast food meals per month.

Comments?
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Sep 2005
    Chick-fill-A, the best fast food ever....however, not open on Sundays.

Some of those on the list are not really fast food....Panera Bread Co. is fast food? I never get served in under 20 to 30 min. And Pizza Hut?
    What’s in a name? – Your reputation….:)

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Chick-fil-A gets my vote too....I miss living in the South where I don't have to go to a mall to get their food. The chicken biscuit and chicken burrito are my favorite breakfast food and the chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato added is my lunch/dinner fave...the downfall is that they are closed on Sunday.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I agree, Panera Bread is a casual restaurant, not fast food.

I tend to avoid fast food unless 1) I am traveling on an interstate highway, and have no choice, or 2) I am having lunch with someone who will only eat fast food. In that case, Subway would probably be my preference... or Burger King because they are one of the few fast-food places that has veggie burgers on the menu!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Jimmy John's, "sandwiches so fast you'll freak". The founder is a jerk but I have never waited more than 1 minute for one of his fresh, delicious sandwiches.

What say you, savematton?

I avoid all other fast food places with a passion, although I admit the Mickey D's breakfast burritos are pretty good.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Chick-fil-A gets my vote too.......the downfall is that they are closed on Sunday.
    What she said. My favorite is the grilled sandwich w/ side of cole slaw.

Answer to why they are are closed on sunday: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/faq.asp
    click on Corporate Information, 4th Q down.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Arbys or Moes

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Oh, probably Arby's for their roast beef sandwiches. McD's does have the best fries IMO. Wendy's chili is pretty good (considering it's fast food).
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Flying Monkeys View post
    Chick-fill-A, the best fast food ever....however, not open on Sundays.

Some of those on the list are not really fast food....Panera Bread Co. is fast food? I never get served in under 20 to 30 min. And Pizza Hut?
    I do not eat at Chick-filla. They support too many conservative christian activist groups. I do not like my money going to support causes that I object to socially.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    During my gad school days I worked in Wendy's and the half price food for employees was a big plus. I ate a lot of baked potatoes and Jr. Bacons.

Every Wednesday my family eats at Wendy's before my wife takes her class at the library.

I like Wendy's best. Burger King has a good burger too.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I couldn't imagine eating 12 fast food meals per month - even with their "expanded" definition of fast food.
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    In California it's In-N-Out Burger.
    Since moving to Florida almost three years ago, I don't recall eating at a fast food restaurant.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I am not big on fast food, but Chick-fil-a is awesome. I don't know how I ever lived without it up north! Their chicken is excellent.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    5 Guys has the fast food best burgers and fries. It is similar to In-N-Out in that they only sell burgers and fries.

Chipotle and its non union Mexican food equivalents are another favorite. You can't go wrong with a 20 oz burrito.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Mine would be:

Moe’s South West Grill
    Wendy’s
    Quizno’s
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I don't know and frankly don't care... but I sure could go for a sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin right now.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie View post
    I don't know and frankly don't care... but I sure could go for a sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin right now.
    lol...i ate one for breakfast
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2004
    If given a choice, I eat at Wendy's. Second choice is Subway.

Can't stand McD's. When travelling, I'll stop there to use the facilities, and maybe buy a drink, but I don't eat there.

When pressed, I'll eat a BK. At least there I know that I can get "no pickle, no onion" without the entire staff stapping to figure out how to do a special order.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    In California it's In-N-Out Burger.
    Since moving to Florida almost three years ago, I don't recall eating at a fast food restaurant.

An ex- coworker swears by In-N-Out Burger. Sometimes, I think he wants to pack up and move to San Diego and open his own franchise.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Jimmy John's, "sandwiches so fast you'll freak". The founder is a jerk but I have never waited more than 1 minute for one of his fresh, delicious sandwiches.
    Sometimes they hand my sandwich to me, as they are handing me my change. And Zagat's must not have rated JimmyJohns, cause if they had they'd realize Subway is crap .

I also like me a beef 'n cheddar and apple turnover from Arby's about once a week.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Hmmm....

Good Times Burgers (Zman should know what I'm talking about here) are my favorite burgers and custard....but not fries......they use Coleman Natural Beef (best beef in the WORLD!!!) A Colorado favorite of mine.....

Sonic is a close second......they have REALLY cleaned up their act as far as appearances go and their food quality seems even better now. They get my vote for best onion rings....

Wendy's burgers are very good. Fries are good. salads are good.....they are good overall......

Subway is good

Quizno's is expensive and ok

In-N-Out Burger is good and eco-friendly similar to Good Times, but not as good burgers....very bland stuff......FRIES are GREAT though!!! They cut the potatoes fresh for your order!

Arby's new market sandwich's are fantastic!!

Pizza Hut has fallen off my approved list......grease, grease, grease.....

I only get drinks at McDonald's......gag!

Burger King SUCKS eggs.....on all levels

KFC is hit and miss.....my local store has cockroaches as "greaters".....only time I visited....had to compete with bugs to use the soda machine.....

Taco Smell.......Taco Hell......sums this up.......

Panda Express is my favorite Chinese fast food.......thank gawd there isn't one near me now......couldn't keep my dainty figure for very long

Jack in the Box......some of the most disgusting grease filled burgers ever......slathered in butter and covered with mayo......

WhataBurger breakfast sandwiches that are being advertised right now make me throw up a little in my mouth everytime I see the add!! and their burgers really suck! Nasty....

Blimpie's has theee WORST sub sandwiches in the world....bar none......I'd rather eat a supermarket sandwich made by someone riddled with Hep A, B and C with a bad cold and open sores on their hands.....(this description was for Natski's imagination next time she visits a supermarket )

Chick-Fil-A has a good menu all around and best chicken sandwiches out there.....haven't eaten there in years.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Now that I'm in the south I finally get to experience many different chains than what I had in NJ.

What I was used to:
    McD
    Burger King
    Wendy's
    Taco Bell
    Pizza Hut
    Boston Market
    KFC
    Panera
    Chipotle
    Quiznos/Subway/Blimpe

What I get now!
    Zaxby's
    Fizzolies
    Chic-Fil-a
    Hardees
    Sonic!

I enjoy each of those things listed for the South, I prefer the newer not quite fast food movement like Fizzolies and Zaxby's which takes a little longer but the food is individually prepared rather than made in mass quantity.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Wendy's gets my top vote
    Culvers is number two
    Trying to get my grubby hands on as much stimulus money as I can.:D

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Good Times Burgers (Zman should know what I'm talking about here) are my favorite burgers and custard....but not fries......they use Coleman Natural Beef (best beef in the WORLD!!!) A Colorado favorite of mine.....
    Don't like fast food -or- chain restaurants but if I do partake in one, it'll be a great Colorado company like Good Times.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2003
    It seems that where I am in PA now has very few choices for fast food. There is a Wendy's, McD's, BK, Quizno's and Subway fairly close, but all of the other chains are no where around me (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Arby's, Hardee's). We do have a 5 Guys Burgers not too far away, but it is still a haul. I miss Sonic, Baja Fresh, Chipotle, and a few others. I do like the guilty food, but I always feel gross after I eat certain foods - like burgers and french fries.

One of the great finds here in PA is Rita's water ice. That is good fast dessert food.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Fast Food Advertising
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 27 Aug 2011, 9:59 PM
  2. Uses Gas station/fast food impacts
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 05 Nov 2010, 7:38 PM
  3. Fast Food Mis-orders