Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who has the best fast food?

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi View post
    I One of the great finds here in PA is Rita's water ice. That is good fast dessert food.
    I'm shocked that there's not more of those down South. The walk-up stores here seem to make bank in the summer time.

I must be the only one here that doesn't care for Jimmy John's all that much. It's better than Quizno's, but that's hardly a superlative.

As for my likes, Five Guys knocks the socks off Wendy's, and Chick Fil-a is the best fast food breakfast on the road.

Quote Originally posted by gicarto View post
    Wendy's gets my top vote
    Culvers is number two

Culver's has the best ice cream next to that local ice cream chain in Cincinnati that I can't think of right now. The best subs are Penn Station. I agree with the other Panera Bread is more causual dining instead of fast food.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit View post
    It's better than Quizno's, but that's hardly a superlative.
    Quizno's food has greatly suffered since they sold out and decided to share the franchise outside of Denver.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

There's something ironic about "The Best Fast Food".

I really can't say that I have a favorite: Arby's seems to be pricier than other joints so I don't patronize them much. Wendy's drive-through is notoriously slow here and incredibly prone to errors and omissions (always discovered when we get home, of course). I don't care for DQ food although their ice cream is okay.

I'm thankful to have local restaurants downtown to choose from for lunch!

Edit: WhoseYur -- yur not thinkin' about Graeter's Ice Cream are you? I thought they were local Louisville folks.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Burgers - Five Guys, although they aren't very fast They're as close to homemade as fast food can get.
    Fries - McDonalds hands down
    Chicken - Popeyes. If I want chicken, I want chicken, not chicken nuggets, fingers, tenders, bites, etc...
    Shakes - DQ Grill & Chill
    Beverage Variety - Sonic. I swear they advertise a new shake, beverage, every day. I wish they had them here in Maryland.

Anomalies - Stuff you can get only at these chains
    Root Beer Float - A&W This has a reminsce factor for me.
    Hush Puppies - Long John Silvers
    Roast Beef - Arby's. What ever happened to the 5 for $5.55

And the award for the Worst Fast Food Chain of all time.......I slowly open evenlope.....

White Castle
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Quizno's food has greatly suffered since they sold out and decided to share the franchise outside of Denver.
    They had an outbreak of Hep-C during their grand opening week in downtown Boston. I don't think they ever recovered.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit View post

I must be the only one here that doesn't care for Jimmy John's all that much. It's better than Quizno's, but that's hardly a superlative.
    I'm with you- Jimmy John's is not that great. The bread's good but all their sandwiches taste the same and have the same ingredients. Plus, they're too inflexible with the stuff you can put on it so if you don't like Helman's real mayo and dijon mustard your SOL. My favorite sub chains are Diangelo's (Northeast) and Jon Smith's (S. Florida).

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    My favorite sub chains are Diangelo's (Northeast) and Jon Smith's (S. Florida).
    I think you mean D'Angelo. I used to work there when I was a teen. Their steak and cheese subs are delicious. They actually cook the steak fresh on the griddle and melt the cheese throughout the meat (choice of American or provolone). Their grilled veggie sandwiches are also the bomb! The best things is they have pita pockets and small (6"), medium (9") and large (12") subs.

See: http://www.dangelos.com

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    I think you mean D'Angelo. I used to work there when I was a teen. Their steak and cheese subs are delicious. They actually cook the steak fresh on the griddle and melt the cheese throughout the meat (choice of American or provolone). Their grilled veggie sandwiches are also the bomb! The best things is they have pita pockets and small (6"), medium (9") and large (12") subs.

See: http://www.dangelos.com
    Yeah, good stuff. The cheeseburger sub was my favorite. They'd give you a ridiculous amount of meat. I also like the #9 steak pita.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Jimmy John's, "sandwiches so fast you'll freak". The founder is a jerk but I have never waited more than 1 minute for one of his fresh, delicious sandwiches.

What say you, savematton?

I avoid all other fast food places with a passion, although I admit the Mickey D's breakfast burritos are pretty good.
    JJ's kicks subway's a$$!! Founded in Charleston, IL Stumbling distance from the bars and open late.

Registered
    Jan 2007
    There is no good fast food, but when I'm in a rut it's Quiznos or Chick fil A.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I don't eat much fast food unless I'm travelling and then I try to stop at a Subway or equivalent. At least I know there that I'm getting fairly low-fat food and some veggies, with no temptation for fries or onion rings. I think Sobik's has better subs, though. Never been to Quizno's. Firehouse Subs are big here but I wasn't impressed.

As for burger places, once in awhile I'll take the kid in for breakfast, then we go to McD's; Burger King's breakfast sandwiches all have sausage and I'm not a sausage patty person.

Don't go to Chick-fil-a because I'm not fond of chicken sandwiches and their fries suck.

Only complaint about Wendy's is that the restaurants are usually pretty dirty, but the burgers are good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    With all this talk of fast food, I just did a most impulsive thing: I registered with Pizza Hut and ordered a pizza on-line. It’ll arrive in 45-minutes…we’ll see.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    With all this talk of fast food, I just did a most impulsive thing: I registered with Pizza Hut and ordered a pizza on-line. It’ll arrive in 45-minutes…we’ll see.
    Hope you saved the coupons from the Wednesday junk-mail flyers....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    The original Burger King No Whopper's here.

Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Culver's has the best ice cream next to that local ice cream chain in Cincinnati that I can't think of right now. The best subs are Penn Station. I agree with the other Panera Bread is more causual dining instead of fast food.
    Answering my own post. The ice cream chain in Cincinnati is called Graeter's ice cream. Best ice cream I've ever had.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

I'm surprised that Wendy's scored so high. I've always found the restaurants to be yucky on the inside, with mediocre food (good ideas, poor implementation).

I'm not a huge fan of fast food anymore, but if I do, it's usually a BK over a McDonalds. I'm slightly more fond of Quiznos than Subway, but Subway is more common here and more convenient for me. I don't care how good the food is, if I have to drive a half hour for fast food, or stand in line for fifteen minutes, it's not fast food, and it's not worth my effort.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I like the burritos at a small regional chain up here called 'La Bamba'.

Mike

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Nobody voted for "Whatta Burger"?????? or Sonic??????
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post
    I like the burritos at a small regional chain up here called 'La Bamba'.

Mike
    Burritos as big as your head

Registered
    May 2005
    I F***ING love ALL fast food

It's so greasy and cheesy and good!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Panera does get my vote. I can eat lunch in about 20 minutes. I don't really like sandwiches, and am happy to get soup for lunch. It doesn't look like fast food, but I'm always served fast.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Sonic has great drinks....the cherry limeade is my favorite, followed by the lemon berry cream slush. Their food is good but nothing spectacular.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi View post
    One of the great finds here in PA is Rita's water ice. That is good fast dessert food.
    Never heard of this one 'til you mentioned it. Then I was reading the online paper from the west FL town I used to live in, and they are getting one. (No wonder; the area is chock-full of NY-NJ yankees....)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star View post
    Burgers - Five Guys, although they aren't very fast They're as close to homemade as fast food can get.
    The slowest fast food I've ever experienced was at Blake's Lotaburger, a New Mexico burger chain. Good food, but you'll wait longer for it than at a sit-down restaurant.

Their philosophy about location is unusual: they refuse to expand outside of New Mexico because "there's some things that should just be ours."

I'm on a diet, and trying to keep fast food out of my life. However, I have a coupon for a free meal at Fatburger, which opened up a few months ago in Cleveland. I've eater there before, and I'd probably put it at the top of my personal fast food list.

I'm waiting for some uber-loyal Buffalonian to chime in and say that Anderson's, Ted's, Mighty Taco and Jim's Steak out have the absolute best fast food evar!!!1!!!1!one, and that everything else makes even Ol' Roy dog food and Canadian pizza seem good by comparison.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Fast Food Advertising
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 27 Aug 2011, 9:59 PM
  2. Uses Gas station/fast food impacts
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 05 Nov 2010, 7:38 PM
  3. Fast Food Mis-orders