Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Definition of through-traffic/sample truck weights

Definition of through-traffic/sample truck weights

Anyone out there have a good definition for thru-traffic? Also anyone know of a good online resource showing truck weights (such as the typical weight of a oil truck or a cement truck). Thanks

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Yup.....

Seems like everywhere I go, through trucks are a big problem In Flordia, we worked with the police (contracted with the sheriff's office in Broward County) to have them check invoices/ and vehicle weights to verify that they had "business" in the neighborhood they were driving in.

An interesting article about vehicle weights SUV's and subsidies This explains A LOT about why I'm seeing so many construction workers driving MONSTER F-550's and F-650's to their kids recital and on family vacations to pull boats......I doubt these trucks see much "real" work I think I'll open a side business.....deliver one package a week....then write off my $100,000 lifted and geeked out F-650!!! How about that $700 estimated cost per driver due to bad roads in LA?

http://www.slate.com/id/2104755/

Clean Air Act Vehicle Weights:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...1----000-.html
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Car, SUV, Or Truck?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 41
    Last post: 03 Feb 2012, 4:19 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 13 Mar 2007, 10:11 PM
  3. Definition of a "truck stop"
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 6