Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: off for an indian tonight, you lot choose my curry.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    In my fair city there is an Indian restaurant with a really imaginative name - Flavor of India.

AIB zmanPLAN and kjelsadek: I love Rueben Sandwiches too.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Dan's Amherst even has an Indian Mayor

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    just back from a massive dog fight session
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    HFH i think when im in England in Sept im going to have to try some indian places to get the true british experience! Any suggestions? I will be in London, Oxford and Bath (sorry wont be visiting your region due to time constraints!)
    Natski - I'm not too au fait with curry houses down south (even though my sister was at Oxford for 4 years), but I get the impression that if you head to Southall in London you can't go far wrong walking into any of the Indian places. Of course, I'm only too willing to do some research on your behalf prior to your arrival...

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by HarryFossettsHat View post
    Natski - I'm not too au fait with curry houses down south (even though my sister was at Oxford for 4 years), but I get the impression that if you head to Southall in London you can't go far wrong walking into any of the Indian places. Of course, I'm only too willing to do some research on your behalf prior to your arrival...
    Hmm thanks for the advice!..... anything for curry right?!!!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    'twas Indian night at my humble abode last night.....chicken tikka masala, toor dal, and garlic naan. Yum! The leftovers went off to school with the child unit in what she refers to as an "Indian Burrito"......leftovers rolled up into a piece of naan with a bit of Indian yougurt (curd) on top.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Nov 2002
    This thread had me craving some Indian fare the other night, and since I can't homemake like kjelsadek I had to dig through the pantry for something in a box/bag/can. Lo and behold if I didn't come across a jar of Trader Joe's brand masala simmer sauce hiding behind a box of rice. Mmmm.... I swear it's better than any of the name-brand prepackaged Indian fare I've ever had, and even tastes better than some restaurants.

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    just back from a massive dog fight session
    I had another indian last night. I'm going to be a right bloater at this rate...

On the menu last night - Lamb Bhuna (I asked them to ratchet up the chillies), Pilau Rice and 3 Chappatis. Top notch it was. I heartily recommend Sharbar on the Headrow in Leeds, should any of you be visiting these parts!

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. WalMart vs. Indian Mounds
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 22 May 2013, 10:23 AM
  2. Hi from Indian Urbanist
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 16 May 2012, 9:25 AM
  3. Replies: 20