Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: GRE question

Registered
    Jun 2007

GRE question

Hi All,

I'm still new here, but I was reading in another thread something about the GRE not changing formats for this fall. I think "pamelam" mentioned it, but I don't think I can PM yet (not enough posts?). With that said, can anyone lend some help with this? I am planning to take the GRE in October, and had originally thought there would be a new format by that time. I'm wondering if the "new" version study guide I ordered will be worth the buy if the format has not changed. Thanks!

~Dick

Registered
    Apr 2006
    The 'major' format change is not coming. It would have had too few test dates and therefore many test centers would have closed (making it impossibly hard to take it.)

I'd check the ETS website for the most up-to-date news.
    What luck! A random assemblage of words never sounded less intelligent.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the help! I guess we'll have to see just how different it really is!

Registered
    May 2007
    Check with the ets website..I was told late 2007 new format...

Registered
    Jun 2007
    The ETS website says that the new test format is cancelled, not postponed... but be aware that registration fees may increase for the 2007-2008 testing year. I just read this on their FAQs. Hope that helps!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally posted by ricohockey View post
    I'm wondering if the "new" version study guide I ordered will be worth the buy if the format has not changed. Thanks!
    Even though the format hasn't changed, publishers still make minor improvements and corrections to their study guides each year. On the other hand, you also have the option of picking up older guides from the library and saving yourself a bundle; the GRE takes enough money from you as is.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    I dont know guys, I just registered for the GRE today and it said the test length was 4 hrs, which would reflect the new format, at least according to my Princeton Review 2007 book. Im confused...

Registered
    May 2007

no change yet

I took the Gre just a few weeks ago..nothing changed..New FOrmat was supposed to roll out this upcoming fall (sept oct)
    :)

The present is a gift

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Yeah I registered for Sept. 21 so that would account for it...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    I dont know guys, I just registered for the GRE today and it said the test length was 4 hrs, which would reflect the new format, at least according to my Princeton Review 2007 book. Im confused...
    I took GRE in June, and my time slot was for 4 hours. After I finished the test, they gave me the option of doing an additional writing section, to test out a new question. That would make it longer...

However, my brain was way too fried to do another section at that point for the "chance to win $250"...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 22 Jun 2012, 10:37 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 06 Aug 2010, 12:05 PM
  3. Question
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 05 May 2004, 10:11 AM
  4. 3D GIS question HERE!!!
    Design, Space, and Place