I would imagine that most planners are Democrats in one way or another, though I've seen on here that there are a few Republicans and Libertarians. I've always known that I am not a Republican, but I'm not sure on the other two. Maybe someone could help:
1. I'm all for the government staying out of our personal lives: abortion should be legal, gay marriage should be legal, drugs should be legal, free speech, and strict separation of church and state.
2. I'm all for government policies that equalize income, reduce poverty, provide healthcare and education, etc.
3. I'm DEFINITELY for government policies that preserve the environment, limit sprawl, provide public transportation, define (and enforce) growth boundaries, etc.
4. I'm for gun control. I feel guns are just an equalizer for the weak.
5. I am VERY against illegal immigration (not sure if any party identifies with this)
I guess I'm a democrat in most ways, though not completely. Any opinions?
I numbered your points so they might be more easily discussed. And for everyone who is replying... Please discuss this as it pertains to the political parties, not politicians or the current administartion. Thanks, Mastiff