Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Comics Blogger Writes About Urban Planning

Registered
    Aug 2001

Comics Blogger Writes About Urban Planning

Over at the Comic Book Galaxy,Alan David Doane writes about Kunstler. Pretty insightful on Mr. Doane's part, yet opinionated enough to make it his own:

Given the way most of us have abandoned our own communities, it's probably a good idea to visit your local library anyway. And bring the kids. If we're going to make a better, more sustainable world, introducing your children to one of the most important parts of their local community would be a great place to start.
    While we're at, why don't we visit Kunstler's Eyesore of the Month, always a treat to read and learn!

Presenting the extension to the Hunter Museum of American Art in Chattanooga... Notice the UFO landing pad extending tongue-like from the mouth of this zinc-clad giant toad... In other words, forget about urbanism, forget about the civic relations between a monumental building and the context of the city, forget about urban landscape typology.
    Anyone else read interesting blogs related to urbanism? I wonder if michaleskis has yet found the Grand Rapids Photo blog. For Michigan, I think it's neat.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for posting a link to my essay!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Who here writes a planning blog?
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 05 Nov 2012, 7:15 PM
  2. Who writes these job ads?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4