Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hollywood transit oriented developments

Registered
    Oct 2005

Hollywood transit oriented developments

Wow...I just came across this site for the first timewww.tndwest.com. It outlines the various mixed use developments going on in my home town....which is neat for me b/c two of my major pursuits over the last few months have been studying TOD's and trying to figure out where along the Hollywood Red Line to move to.

One thing this site doesn't mention is the traditional high crime rates in many of these areas. I'm slightly reluctant to move to Hollywood-Vine or Hollywood-Highland b/c it doesn't seem like a safe place to be walking by oneself late at night..which I will be doing when I commute home from evening classes (via subway or bus).

COOL Website

http://www.tndwest.com
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 02 Jul 2007 at 8:26 AM.

The whole website is great. I wish someone would put together something similar for the east.

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Great Website!!

As far as those neighborhoods go they are on a tremedous upswing as far as safety goes. I am a life long resident of LA (Currently Sherman Oaks) and have seen that neighborhood at its worst.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    As far as those neighborhoods go they are on a tremedous upswing as far as safety goes. I am a life long resident of LA (Currently Sherman Oaks) and have seen that neighborhood at its worst
    I have heard the whole area is gentrifying very quickly, compared to its former self...however the lapd weekly crime maps still paint it as a somewhat dangerous area....I'd love to live in the hollywood/highland neighborhood, but have serious concerns about walking late at night....maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Your paranoia is somewhat justified and I personally wouldn't stroll to late in the evening but as a whole at least from outward appearances, (and isn't that what the area and for the most part LA, about).

Yes gentrification is occuring which I believe in this area is not too bad of a thing as it may help bring back the tourist dollar and even the industry cause hollywood has gone westside (Culver City, Santa Monica &W.L.A.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 31 Oct 2010, 3:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Oct 2009, 1:36 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 01 Jul 2006, 9:47 PM
  4. Transit Oriented Design
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 08 Mar 2004, 6:20 PM