Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Summer read?

Registered
    Feb 2007

Summer read?

Its a hot July night around here as I was looking over the books forum. It is time to note recommendations for Summer books or books for the beach or whatever you like to call them. The light, quick books that really don't challene you or make you think too much. So, I decided to start one.

Gin Lane by James Brady, the guy who writes those little portrayals in the Stars Magazine in the Sunday paper. Long Island summer at it's best. I don't know how old it is (and I really don't feel like searching for it, after all, it's about ease) but I bought from a discount table at a Borders in 2000. Just plain fun.

DLK
    "There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed." RFK

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Oh, I'm only a year late in responding... try anything by Carl Hiaasen, Fanny Flagg, Janet Evanovitch, or Tim Dorsey, and you will laugh your a$$ off. Others include Dianne Mott Davidson, Anne George, or the Maggody series by Joan Hess. Lorna Landvik is a good newcomer. Randy Wayne White has a bunch of books, also really good.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 11 Feb 2013, 10:57 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 28 Sep 2011, 1:01 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Nov 2009, 2:56 PM
  4. Can't even read my own article!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 Apr 2004, 2:44 PM