Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Pixelated aerials in powerpoint

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006

Pixelated aerials in powerpoint

I am preparing a powerpoint with a bunch of aerial photos. The projector is a few years old. We have done a bunch of work in photoshop to improve the quality of the images. When these full size images (30"x36") are inserted into the powerpoint slide (30"x42") they appear very pixelated. Is there anyway to change this on the powerpoint end? I don't think there is anything else we can do on the photoshop end.

Thanks-

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Are the pixulated at 100 view in photshop? What is the res. you are working at? If it is above 72 then make the image large and drop the resolution, which in turn will improve your powerpoint resolution.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Well, I finally figured out that we had a crummy dated projector. I even recreated the powerpoint in flash and then actionscripted the navigations, so that it appeared like the powerpoint. The image quality on the flash presentation is about the same as the powerpoint (very pixelated due to the old projector). However, in Flash you have the option to right-click and zoom into the graphic. The graphics appear very crisp (almost vector quality). Unfortunately, the presentation is usually done using a remote control, so you can't right-click.

Oh well.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Check the settings of your projector and laptop. If one or the other is set at say 640 x 480, then your aerials may look pixelly if you are displaying them large. If you can't set them to at least 800 x 600, and preferably higher, then it is time to buy some new equipment.
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    I'm not the only one who thinks that scrapping the projector is the way to go (principals are still out on that one).

The color choices are also very limited: a bright orange in photoshop appears as a muddy orange on the projector screen.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. PowerPoint
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 04 Oct 2010, 1:35 PM
  2. Toronto highway aerials
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 20 Jun 2005, 4:21 PM
  3. posting google aerials
    Cyburbia Issues and Help