Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Gas, as I can see at the town's station out my office window, is $3.09 per gallon.
    Still the same price. Not filling my truck until March now.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jan 2008
    $3.17/gal this AM in Tallahassee. Low early last week was 3.07

Tuesday. Prices in Toledo shot up 25 cents. Managed to get it for $2.94 just before it shot up to $3.19.

I found an old receipt from the end of January of last years. I paid 2.099/gallon on 1/30/07.

It's gonna be $4.50 by summer folks.

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    $3.11 - $3.16 at the moment in Upstate NY.

i heard $4/gal by next year.
    Nope, this summer.
    Last edited by Gedunker; 29 Feb 2008 at 8:25 AM. Reason: sequential replies

Registered
    Sep 1999
    $3.19 in the panhandle, and I've gotta drive 800 miles this weekend. Crap. Gas will be WAY more expensive at interstate exits. Still cheaper than flying, though.

Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    $3.19 in the panhandle, and I've gotta drive 800 miles this weekend. Crap. Gas will be WAY more expensive at interstate exits. Still cheaper than flying, though.

Yikes! Florida is the reddest state in the Southeast

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I read earlier today that if it keeps going up at the rate it is now, it will be $12/gal in 8 years. $12!!!! Now what would your miles per dollar be at that rate? But honestly, I think something will happen between now and then that will reduce worldwide demand, and some of the things it might be scare the bejesus out of me. If I could pre-order a Loremo, I'd do it, but they have no firm plans of even selling in the US yet.

Last month, when driving to Death Valley, I passed a station in this middle-of-nowhere crossroads. They were over $4/gal. I guess they have to pay the delivery guys extra to go to such an out of the way place.
    Adrift in a sea of beige

$3.18 in Ocala, 30 minutes south of Gainesville, FL.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    $3.45 but who is counting here in the golden state, i am use to high gas prices. I am by far no economist (i did minor in it though) and it is all about supply and demand. The days of cheap 99 cent a gallon unleaded fuel are long gone because we are in competition for petroleum with the booming Asian markets of India and China as well as the rest of the world, not to mention it is now harder, and more costlier to pump, produce and ship crude oil than it was in late 70's (when oil supposedly peaked in production). The tipping point for the average daily consumer to really change their behaviors and habitats of driving may be $4.50-$5 a gallon, but until then, we keep our foot on the pedal and pounding the pavement on 4 wheels.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat View post
    Yikes! Florida is the reddest state in the Southeast

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
    The gas map is cool. I didn't know that things were so "green" in my county. Wise folks here know that the cheap gas is in Wyoming. (There's also fireworks!)
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Recently bought gas for the first time in two weeks or possibly more. I just don't drive much any more. Having a 7-minute commute in the mornings and in the evenings with occasional errand runs to places close by are helping me from buying lots of gas. Anyways, I bought it at $1.037/L.

According to the gas map for Canada, I'm in the forest green zone.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I believe its between 3.25 and 3.49 here in Chicago, it generally gets cheaper the furthur out you get from the central city. Prices seem like they've been steady for quite a time now, but I'm sure they'll go up again. Personally I'm all set with my $95 a semester U-Pass, save for the occasional taxi or Metra ride.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Purchased gas on Friday, in suburban Springfield Township, for $3.07. When we went to breakfast earlier in the day I noticed the Sylvania Township prices in the $3.11 range.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Purchased gas on Friday, in suburban Springfield Township, for $3.07. When we went to breakfast earlier in the day I noticed the Sylvania Township prices in the $3.11 range.

Bear
    $2.80s and $2.90s throughout North, West and East Toledo. Only in the South including metro areas is it high.

Paid $2.89 at BP on Saturday on Alexis. Later saw $2.85

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Yesterday, at a QT near my house, before work, gas was $3.08. When I returned after the day at work it was $3.15.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    Yesterday, at a QT near my house, before work, gas was $3.08. When I returned after the day at work it was $3.15.
    Still $3.09 this morning (Shell - Powers Ferry/New Northside @ I-285).
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Still $3.09 this morning (Shell - Powers Ferry/New Northside @ I-285).
    I know where I am stopping after work
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    I know where I am stopping after work
    Just don't blame me if the price jumps up during the day.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2007
    Hi All - Bit of a significant day for me. Today for the first time I spent more than £50 filling up my car (at today's exchange rate that's more than $100 for a tank of diesel for a Mazda 6). It was £1.12 per litre which I reckon to be about $2.01 per litre so $7.60 for a US gallon of petrol.

Just thought I'd put a bit of perspective on things. Of course even at these prices, people here still don't base driving behaviour on cost or availability of petrol...

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Get used to it. As long as we're causing havoc, the price will be high.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Jun 2003
    2 - 11 paid 2.799
    2 - 24 paid 3.079
    3 - 9 paid 3.159
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    It's jumping here. Paid $3.07 on Saturday and this morning it said $3.22. I don't understand a 15 cent/gallon rise in three days.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Saw the my first over $4.00/gallon sign yesterday at the union 76 near my house---$4.09 for premium.
    Which I run in my BMW as the MFg recommends it!!
    Looking for Sanity
    In this Crazy Land Of Ours

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by maryindevon View post
    Hi All - Bit of a significant day for me. Today for the first time I spent more than £50 filling up my car (at today's exchange rate that's more than $100 for a tank of diesel for a Mazda 6). It was £1.12 per litre which I reckon to be about $2.01 per litre so $7.60 for a US gallon of petrol.

Just thought I'd put a bit of perspective on things. Of course even at these prices, people here still don't base driving behaviour on cost or availability of petrol...

I think this says a lot and I do not for a moment think the majority of US drivers will change their ways. Yup it was $35 bucks yesterday for me to fill up my tank but I still love my car and have no forseeable way to change my commute that is not a time eater.

I think the average person will give up Starshmucks before they change their driving ways.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Toledo Jump

Glad I filled-up this past weekend. Driving past some stations in suburban Sylvania Township, their signs now proclaim $3.46 for regular.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2007
    Right now my husband has two plumbing trucks online and is spending over $200 a week in fuel. He can't change his behavior, he would go out of business. He feels guilty charging more to help with fuel costs but I told him that he has to raise his prices some to keep from having his profit disappear.

One of his trucks is a diesel, when he bought it diesel was cheaper than gas. What happened?
    Responsible Beverage Server since March 26th, 2008

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 534
    Last post: 15 Apr 2015, 6:46 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING beer price thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 17 Feb 2014, 1:34 PM