Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: MArch/MCP joint programs

Registered
    Oct 2005

MArch/MCP joint programs

I'm a rising senior, Architecture major, just starting to look at grad schools for next year.

I'm looking for schools that offer a dual-masters program in Architecture and Urban Planning. I really want to go into large scale design, ideally something to do with public transportation / rapid transit. So far I've found what look like decent programs at MIT and UC Berkeley. I haven't found much else, but I'm sure other schools do this. Is anyone familiar with other schools that offer an MArch / MCP dual degree (or something similar)??

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I ventured back about 10 pages and didn't see anything.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    UIUC has a dual program, both the arch and planning programs are top notch, although the planning side has very little to do with design work. You might need to check with alum to find out the type of work that they do.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I'm not sure, but I know that Michigan, Berkeley, and UVa all have both programs and I'm sure you could do them jointly, however difficult that would be...

Registered
    Sep 2006
    UCLA also has a program like the one you are interested in.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    University of Pennsylvania has one. The joint degrees take four years, and I knew a few people who did it.

There's a rumor that Meyerson Hall (home of the School of Design) is going to be demolished and replaced with a new building that will *actually have natural light.*

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The New Joint League
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 52
    Last post: 08 Sep 2011, 9:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 20 Oct 2007, 2:48 AM
  3. Joint MBA and MUP
    Student Commons
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 10 Oct 2007, 4:35 PM