Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Entry level position

Registered
    Sep 2007

Entry level position

I want to find out if this is the right profession for me. Is it possible to find a job as a clerk or assistant in order to get some experience and learn more about the field? How would I go about finding a job like this? I live near San Francisco and I have my BA already.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Call around and see if anyone has internship openings (even if they are unpaid). California seems to advertise internships more than I see in other states, so that is probably the best way to go.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I'd echo the burb' fixer with that notion. Also, sometimes organizations will advertise a Technician or Admin position through the normal planning channels.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 31 Mar 2011, 10:53 AM
  2. Internship/entry level position chances
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 30
    Last post: 14 Mar 2011, 4:33 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 23 Dec 2008, 5:51 PM
  4. Replies: 17