Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Fashion faux pas thread

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    So Mr. & Ms. Citizen come to the front counter. Mr. looks like he abruptly interrupted his deer hunting to come to city hall and ask a zoning question. Seriously this guy is wearing head to foot Carhartt with an orange camo hat (it's about 70 degrees right now). I didn't have the heart to tell him deer season ended four months ago. Something tells me he happened to be wearing the same outfit he got married in.

I would comment on the Ms.' attire, but it occurs to me that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.
    Years ago, I worked with a very nice admin asst whose husband was a complete a$$hole. One of our co-workers got married, and yep, the admin brought her hubby, and yep, he wore CAMO to the wedding. To build on the fashion faux pas, he insisted they bring their two little girls to the wedding, even though kids were not invited.

Having worked for decades in central FL, I can't tell you how many times men showed up to speak at hearings, wearing shorts, polo or t-shirt, and carrying a briefcase. I'm not talking about engineers or applicants, but the neighbors supporting or protesting a development. That's such a bizarre look.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    The fashion trend at my daughter's school is to wear socks that don't match.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Meggings?

Not for me but I bet ursus would look great and make a strong fashion statement.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/divas/...or-mmm-mm-good
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Not for me but I bet ursus would look great and make a strong fashion statement.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/divas/...or-mmm-mm-good
    I'm guessing that the codpiece suppliers are anxious for this one to catch on. What do you know? Googled the interweb and here's an article from just last year.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 11 May 2011, 12:00 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last post: 13 Nov 2008, 1:56 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING Fashion Help Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 51
    Last post: 24 Sep 2008, 10:35 AM