I am planning an extended weekend camping trip with the kids to Port Crescent State Park near Port Austin. It seems like a nice park but I am having trouble finding nearby attractions that are still open this late in the year.
I have never been in the Michigan Thume area before. To those of you who are familiar with the area, I would love to know some good places for a day visit.
It can be anywhere in Michigan's thumb from Port Huron north.
Specifically, I would like info on:
1. The best places to (road) bike - either country roads or trails.
2. Attractions: Any museum, lighthouse, etc or other attraction that is open this late in the year. A lot of stuff closes by Labor Day.
3. Good parks or nature preserves with trails
4. Snall towns worth visiting to walk around in or shop but not too touristy.
5. Any other pertinant information.
Thanks in advance. Drew