The young planners at our office and I (we are the 20 somethings) are all fed up with the development process and NIMBYs. Thus, we have decided to all band together and buy a large piece of property and create a new master plan community called "Freedom Ranch." Here are just a few of the items at the Ranch that we will incorporate in the Master Plan and design guidelines:
1) No sidewalks, because people don't walk in the ranch, they drive!
2) This area will be gated to keep "those people" out
3) We will include an area for affordable housing, just outside the gates
4) Our typical street section shall be a min. of 70 feet curb to curb to allow for our SUVs to park and ensure a "clean" street"
5) No parks, because only drug dealers, pedophiles and gang bangers go to them (this was once said at a public workshop)
6) Front loading 3 car garages are necessary in all lots
7) The ranch needs a commercial center, which shall include a hometown buffet, a taco john's, two starbucks, and a drive through convenience mart to ensure no one gets out of their car.
I think there is more, but does anyone else have anything to add to the "Ranch" ?