Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SECRET SANTA 2007 Edition

Registered
    Feb 2004
    After much delay my Secret Santa gift will be handed off to a local representative of a national shipping concern. Hint: its headed northwest of here.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Those post office landlubbers delivered teh parcel from da Duke of Dystopia.

Aye matey, the most finest kind of book "The History of Pirates".

I thank ye.

sidewise down note:
    Dressing and acting like a stereotypical pirate is encouraged by the parody religion of
    The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2003
    FINALLY, purchases made and I am going to wrap. It will go to the post on Monday. I certainly do hope that it all makes it OK.
    If not it is the thought that counts and the other pieces should fair just fine!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B View post
    FINALLY, purchases made and I am going to wrap. It will go to the post on Monday.
    Ditto.... mine is headed ENE of here.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Jan 2007

I got mine!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!

My SS got some awesome cocoa butter and a really cool notepad. The cocoa butter is just what I needed for dry wintertime skin - and the notepad is now a fixture in my purse.

Thank you very very much SS Jen!!!!!
    Responsible Beverage Server since March 26th, 2008

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    PlannerGirl, was I supposed to eat all of the sweets in one sitting? Thanks for the sweets and my new knowledge of all things Washington DC!

My SS goes in the mail today, bound for a street in Florida named after a golf course.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    if the weather breaks long enough for me to snowshoe to the post office my SS present should be on it's way this afternoon.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Haha well if they make you sick its your own damn fault Hope you like them as I love to make them and was glad it was cold enough to ship a bag of home made chocolate crack as I call it.

Happy Holidays!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Package away! Portions of it should be arriving separately over the coming days.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    "Disclaimer" if my package does not make it fully intact....
    I am so sorry, but I just had to see if you could be lured to the dark side....
    Even if it doesn't... it should smell great!
    It is headed EAST.
    Let me know how everything comes out.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    package is in the possession of the USPS. should arrive somewhere in North America in 2-3 days.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Just finished shopping for my giftee today - out in the mail tomorrow! I hate leaving things for the last minute.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Gift has been mailed for real today. Handed off to a local federal agent. I'm sure it will be there soon.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I handed off the box to the USPS on Saturday. They asked if I wanted one week service, I said sure, why not, and after I handed over some green they took the box.

So, on Saturday or thereabouts, someone to the east, and south, of me will get a small, Amazon box (which does not contain Amazon items!) delivered.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Got my ss gifts, thanks JNA. The book looks kinda cool and the Peanuts cd was nice. Have a good holiday.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Got my ss gifts, thanks JNA. The book looks kinda cool and the Peanuts cd was nice. Have a good holiday.
    You are welcome. Enjoy reading and listening.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 1998
    The loot has been acquired and will be mailed today, destination East...
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tresmo -- many thanks for the super secret santa loot! I'm going to enjoyreading 1491, laugh watching The Ref, and might -- or might not -- share my snacks! You rock, T!

(Not that I'm surprised, we BSU alums never disappoint.)

To a certain SS located in a sunny place on the left coast: My original gift idea arrived and I was disappointed in it and won't even send it. So, I'm going plan "B" tomorrow and it will be in Weds mail/ups/fedex. It might not be there until the 24th, but it will be there before x-mas.
    Je suis Charlie

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Tresmo -- many thanks for the super secret santa loot! I'm going to enjoyreading 1491, laugh watching The Ref, and might -- or might not -- share my snacks! You rock, T!

(Not that I'm surprised, we BSU alums never disappoint.)
    You're welcome!

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Sent off my package yesterday to the area known as Zone 8. I had to ship it in two parts, but it should be there by the end of the week. I hope they enjoy!
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Jan 2006

Woo Hoo

Just as I was getting really depressed, my SS from Acadia Land came through! Nothing like a couple of T's, one from Despair.com, to cheer me up!

Thanks!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    OH wow,

Thank you Natski, I love Graham Watson prints and pictures. Own two posters of places I have been.

When we meet in Hawaii, I'll buy the first round of Mai tais, or if in Whistler, a rye and ginger.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

Got lobsta'?

hey TOFB, glad you liked them!

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    OH wow,

Thank you Natski, I love Graham Watson prints and pictures. Own two posters of places I have been.

When we meet in Hawaii, I'll buy the first round of Mai tais, or if in Whistler, a rye and ginger.
    No worries, im glad you like the book- it looked awesome! I was worried that you already had it!

I will definately hit you up for that drink as well!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Thank you jmf for the lovely holiday goodies I cant wait to try the hot cocoa tonight and read up on somewhere new. I so love the Secret Santa thing every year and learning a bit about my fellow planning geeks and where they are from.

Happy Holidays!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 144
    Last post: 12 Oct 2010, 11:43 AM
  2. Secret Santa 2008 Edition
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 189
    Last post: 05 Jan 2009, 4:23 PM
  3. SECRET SANTA 2006 edition
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 361