+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Thanksgiving, 2007

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Talk about behaving
    pre meal finger stick - 78
    2 hr post meal finger stick - 122 before the pumpkin pie.
    SAW
    Please don't tell us where you're sticking your finger. TMI.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Talk about behaving
    pre meal finger stick - 78
    2 hr post meal finger stick - 122 before the pumpkin pie.

finger stick is to test my blood glucose level - normal is 80-120 & up to 160 post meal
    Good for you...mine was 117 after two hours and I had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake at the end of the meal.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jun 2003
    SAW
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    SAW
    Please don't tell us where you're sticking your finger. TMI.
    Anybody dare me to tell ? Promise it is clean.

Where is TO when he is needed?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2007

Turkey day....

We moved from the family region a few years ago. So this year it is The Kid, his Mom and I along with our Mid son and three other Mids, one from Eastern Europe (I still haven't figured out which country). Dinner is done, second game is on (USC & ASU), the house is settling down.

It was a good day.

DLK feeling a bit stuffed
    "There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed." RFK

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Well we had a good day.
    Morning started off with a breakfast cassarole and a mimosa. We spent the morning watching the parade and reading the ads.
    My brother came up after 12. We all spent the afternoon getting the projector wired in the family room. We watched a movie. We had Steak for supper and are now headed to bed.
    Quiet simple day.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hun, I'm so disappointed in you. Mimosa? Mimosa? Haven't I taught you anything? Sparking wine is consumed in its current state. I'm offended. I will call you and admonish your behavior.

Registered
    May 2005
    HAPPY (Almost over!) THANKS GIVING everyone! Got together with all the family. Good times. Had a lot of fun. We went out to my cousins at Cheney Lake just west of Wichita for Thanks Giving. I hope everyone of you enjoyed yourselves today and that you all had some thing to be thankful for.

Bill

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Black Friday Thanksgiving Randoms

Turkey Recipe Random.......Uncle Maister, sorry I did not see your post request for my super dee duper stuffing. I will look through some old threads and see if I can find it BEFORE Christmas.

Our Thanksgiving Random.....First time in over 30 years that this Bear did not cook the big bird, make the stuffing, fix all the trimmings. It was just Katie and me, chowing on a small Honey-Baked Ham (a Toledo company), the best damx scalloped potatoes in the world, and pumpkin pie. Dallop.....dallop.....

Seemed odd not having a house full of people. It also seemed odd not having to "hint" that the party is over and they could all go home.......later in the evening.

Black Friday Random.....Katie swore up and down.....and a bit of sideways.....that she would NOT join the crowds arriving at the stores very early on Friday morning.

She is gone now.....she woke early and headed for a couple stores. The power of landfill-filling newspaper advertisement supplements, radio and TV ads, and word of mouth.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Gratefulness

On T-day eve my Sister The Doctor called to tell me about her pending cardiac cath. WHAT?!? Turns out her cross-campus walk, at the pre-game pep rally a couple weeks back, wore her out. Took a stress test, flunked, they said, "let's schedule you," and then they said, "let's see you sooner." It's for tomorrow AM.

She's only 52. And, being somewhat conversant with meds and their effects, she's figured out that this was caused by a painkiller she recently started because of last year's knee replacement. (They all helped me move in late June; she was energetically doing stairs at both places.)

So yesterday when the 14yo asked everyone "what are you thankful for?" sis said that she is grateful for the walk over to see the MSU marching band, because that drew out the problem and it's been discovered before the massive full arrest (of which there's a family history).

The amusing part: this will be at the hospital where she works. She knows (and trusts) the guy who will do it. They've promised to adjust the screen so she can watch the procedure. In a way, this is like applying for a variance on your own side-yard set-back, and having to present yourself to your co-workers.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    The Packers beat the Lions and are now 10-1!!!

Made my Thanksgiving!!!

On to Dallas next Thursday!

Mike

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

My Kitto cat got her a day job!

Whoever first shared the "lolcat" site, thanks. You have ruined my life...in a good way!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    We had a fun day at my parents' house south of Denver. I got my wish and it was a snowy Thanksgiving.

By the time Friday came around, I was sick of my folks. So sick that I joined the wife on a shopping trip.

Fortunately, or wierdly, the shopping areas seems to have small crowds and it looked like a normal weekend day.

And of course, gifts for ourselves were purchased, which made me feel a little bad, but it was okay as there were things I needed (since I am smaller now ) and the wife needed some new stuff too.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post
    Made my Thanksgiving!!!

Mike
    The Razorbacks made mine! Sorry LSU, no title for you this year... payback is a b****!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Mine went great until my wife's aunt said to her, "I'm really mad your mom can't help out with taking care of your (98 yr old) grandma."

Her mom passed away November 8, 1994.

Registered
    Nov 2002

a rough start

My thanksgiving started with me collapsing in pain from lower back spasms. The day did, however, get much better once I had the appropriate meds applied.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Thanksgiving 2013
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 50
    Last post: 02 Dec 2013, 9:43 AM
  2. Replies: 95
    Last post: 16 Jun 2007, 12:16 AM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last post: 13 Nov 2005, 1:08 PM