Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Parking lot dimensions, auto and truck dimensions, turning radius

Parking lot dimensions, auto and truck dimensions, turning radius

Would appreciate finding source, preferably online, that would give dimensions for parking areas, including parallel. Also need dimensions for cars, trucks, buses, campers, etc., as well as turning radius needed, for design of access roads. I have a 1962 publication, but would like to use current information. Thanks in advance.

Registered
    May 2008
    I am an architecture student working on an urban planning project and I need information on dimensions of street widths such as one-way and, two-way streets. Also dimensions of parallel parking spaces, sidewalk widths, and landscaping space along the street. Any help would be appreciated.

A source I often turn to for questions such as these is Time Saver Standards for Site Planning by DeChiara and Koppelmann. It is vintage 1984 by the standards you are seeking have not changed much if any, although most jurisdictions are going to skinnier streets and wider sidewalks. Good diagrams you can use in Time Saver Standards for Site Planning. The book is not available on line.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Parallel parking space dimensions
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 07 Sep 2012, 4:31 PM
  2. Parking Parking dimensions for micro-cars
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 28 Jan 2011, 8:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 03 Oct 2010, 5:52 AM