Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hospital Campus

Hospital Campus

I would like to limit the amount of surface parking at a yet to be built hospital campus. The site is currently undeveloped and does have natural constraints to development. Neverthess I don't want to wait until the land under the cars becomes valuable enough to warrant structured parking so additional development can ocurr where the parking is (will be). Ideas I have include bonuses against impervious area requirements and outright limits. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in forcing structured parking?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    (new thread bump)
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 2001

limits of imprevious surfacing

You might want to have them explore the issue of stormwater treatment. The size of the de/retention facility and water quality issues may warrant a structure since you get the same parking a remarkably smaller footprint. Plus your treatement facility would shrink since they would only have 'one' footprint of the structure. it may look cost prohibitive in the idea stage and easier to create a sea of aspalt, but here in the pacnorwest, we encourage the upwardness of structures.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 24
    Last post: 05 Feb 2013, 11:54 AM
  2. Uses Regulating hospital helipad
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Aug 2011, 7:33 PM
  3. Trip generation for an animal hospital
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 05 Apr 2009, 11:57 AM