Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: FYI - GRE scores to schools

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2007

FYI - GRE scores to schools

Just a heads up about getting official GRE scores to schools to complete an application, especially if you took those GREs this past summer.

UNC Chapel Hill did not have my GRE scores on file after I submitted the application even though I requested they be sent when I took the GRE last July. ETS told me that they did in fact send them, but since they were sent electronically, UNC had about 2 weeks to click on a link that would get my scores into their system. Apparently, UNC neglected to do this & my scores never showed up.

I suppose I could have fought back & forth, but instead I just sucked it up & paid an extra $20 to get the scores re-reported.

Moral of the story: Check your application status! Not that all of us who're applying don't do that obsessively enough already...or is that just me??

Registered
    Dec 2007

all materials

Tasha,

I, too, was checking all my schools to see that they had the necessary materials. It turns out two of my recommenders hadn't sent in my recommendations. They got them in the mail on the last day for the first school's deadline.

I was a little worried about my transcripts, actually. When I spoke on the phone I was speaking to what must have been the dumbest student help I've ever come across. I had to explain on the phone how to set up the schools' addresses on the envelope.

In other words, I think we are all going through it. Hang in there, though.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. ETS GRE Scores - Lost !
    Student Commons
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 12 Dec 2007, 2:37 PM
  2. Really Really BAD Musical Scores
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 25 Oct 2007, 5:14 PM
  3. Are GRE scores needed if...
    Student Commons