Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Communities partnering to develop industrial parks

Registered
    Aug 2001

Communities partnering to develop industrial parks

I am looking for examples where two or more communities partnered to develop an industrial park as an economic development initiative. I have a couple examples but would like to find more.

Who was involved?
    Who provided the infrastructure?
    How was it funded?
    How was management structured / what agreements were in place to make it happen?
    Has it been successful?
    What kinds of problems were encountered?
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I assume you are looking for examples where the communities themselves developed the industrial parks... as opposed to a county undertaking the process on behalf of multiple communities?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The project I have is of a city developing an industrial park with participation of a neighboring city. We are looking at how to structure the deal - who contributes what and who gets what. Any examples at all similar would be welcome.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal View post
    The project I have is of a city developing an industrial park with participation of a neighboring city. We are looking at how to structure the deal - who contributes what and who gets what. Any examples at all similar would be welcome.
    You might contact Schertz, TX (San Antonio area). I think they've partnered with a neighboring city and/or the county on industrial parks in the past.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I don't have the specifics you are looking for, but I do know that the towns of Littleton and Bethlehem New Hampshire have partnered on an industrial park project that sits in both communities.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

A couple of places....

In the Columbia Basin, there are a couple of examples to point you towards. Several of the Cities and the Ports (Benton County, Kennewick, Pasco, and Walla Walla) have all partnered up for industrial/tech parks.

www.tridec.com

There are some good interlocal agreements between Cities of Kennewick and Richland for a Tech Park near the Columbia River.
    Forechecking is overrated.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    One example in Massachusetts is CenTech Park, located in the Towns of Shrewsbury and Grafton. The project was developed jointly with the Worcester Business Development Corporation. Read about it here.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    The Highland Corporate Park in Woonsocket and Cumberland, RI is a good example.

Contact info is on their website, www.hcpv.com

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The deal isnt inked yet, but keep an eye on the Racine County I-94 Corridor Compact.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 04 Mar 2013, 7:57 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 06 Mar 2012, 6:05 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last post: 12 Sep 2011, 7:30 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 02 Apr 2009, 2:14 AM