Closed thread
Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 130 139 140 141 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4085

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 3

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Yah, my exhusband lets our 4 year old watch Cops. He also tells her that if she isn't good for him we will go to court and let she will have to live with me full time. So apparently to him, threatening a 4 year old is ok. Hence the reason I sent a complaint to FOC and he's already been warned by them so we will be going to court. Lovely. But anyway, I digress....
    That's reprehensible. So his threat comes true, and he goes to court....
    Last edited by Gedunker; 04 Nov 2008 at 6:08 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Dancing Randoms

Dancing Random.....After all this election mumbo-jumbo, how about a brief and melodic pause? And since many folks spent the night dancing in the streets, watch me now.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-1NRN8srY

Warm Weather Random.....The last few days have been way above normal, temperature-wise, here in NW Ohio. Temps are in the 70F range, more than 20 degrees above normal. But, as is the case with weather that envelopes the Great Lakes, expect change. That change will begin to arrive this weekend, as temps drop to normal and, in the Upper Lakes, snowfall comes back into the picture.

Snowfall Guess Random.....This Bear is a tad disappointed. The net site I am a regular on usually has a "guess the snowfall" contest. I have been an active participant for a number of years, narrowly missing victory a couple years ago. The contest location is at-and-around Eagle Harbor, MI. They usually get around 300 inches of snow each season.

This year.....no contest.

Planning Random.....This Bear is not a planner by trade. Surpised that nobody has started a thread relating to whether or not your "planning world" will change in the next four years, due to the changes in Washington.

Day Off Random......Enjoying my day off.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    whoa - I have a nasty champagne hangover - no dinner, no water before bedtime

but it's worth it - election parties are great!

you know you've got it in the bag when the group switches the channel to comedy central for coverage...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    i wonder what kind of puppy the Obama girls will get.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    i wonder what kind of puppy the Obama girls will get.
    I asked the same thing last night! LOL.

I hope it pees all over the Lincoln Bedroom.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Seems that my iPod crapped out this morning after a good rocking out to The Hip.

Fiddlesticks... Perhaps my birthday or Christmas will being a new one?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    A TV personality...I was interviewed on camera this afternoon by the hottest blonde reporter on the local beat. A former third runner-up to Miss Mississippi, she was wearing CFM shoes and a short, low-cut black dress. A looker.

What a lease...The lease for our office building requires us to pay the property taxes. How stupid is that? On a related note, my engineer pipes up with this comment: "Hey, RJ, if you hadn't fired that planner who was sleeping in the office, we could have claimed a homestead exemption." Smartass.

Don't try anything foolish in one panhandle planning department...I learned today that 8 of my staff (3 of them women), are enrolled in a class to obtain their concealed carry weapon permit. Over half of my staff will soon be packing. You are hereby warned.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    What a lease...The lease for our office building requires us to pay the property taxes. How stupid is that? On a related note, my engineer pipes up with this comment: "Hey, RJ, if you hadn't fired that planner who was sleeping in the office, we could have claimed a homestead exemption." Smartass. ...
    That's hilarious.

After a charette couple weeks ago, a bunch of us were discussing tiny historic city lots and how this limits your companion animal options (for eventual backyard burial). I said you don't want a golden or a collie. Someone said just stack 'em. I said that would require a rezoning. Planning director chuckled.

I hope she saw a thread on Urban Planet: someone started a rumor about an adult use moving into the aptly-named Heritage Hill neighborhood. One wag commented that this would be a good test of the city's new form-based code. (And in a PM to me, he called it "Veloise-like." I am so proud.)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Don't try anything foolish in one panhandle planning department...I learned today that 8 of my staff (3 of them women), are enrolled in a class to obtain their concealed carry weapon permit. Over half of my staff will soon be packing. You are hereby warned.
    Maybe it's because you didn't bake and take cookies last week?

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I was interviewed on camera this afternoon by the hottest blonde reporter on the local beat. A former third runner-up to Miss Mississippi
    Meaning she has 3 teeth, got thru 8th grade, and hasn't had a kid by her father (yet) Men.

Registered
    May 2005
    [QUOTE=RichmondJake;462590]A TV personality...I was interviewed on camera this afternoon by the hottest blonde reporter on the local beat. A former third runner-up to Miss Mississippi, she was wearing CFM shoes and a short, low-cut black dress. A looker. [QUOTE]

OK, I admit it. I had to go to urbandictionary to see what CFM means. And I thought I knew all the lingo.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    ....Meaning she has 3 teeth, got thru 8th grade, and hasn't had a kid by her father (yet) Men.
    She had all her teeth and is a graduate of Ol Miss. I was sitting at the conference table in my office when she bend down to clip the microphone to my collar. She smelt purdy. I turned my head away so as not to get a glimpse of her...well, I said she was wearing a low cut dress...I'm a southern gentleman, as ya'll know.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    She had all her teeth and is a graduate of Ol Miss. I was sitting at the conference table in my office when she bend down to clip the microphone to my collar. She smelt purdy. I turned my head away so as not to get a glimpse of her...well, I said she was wearing a low cut dress...I'm a southern gentleman, as ya'll know.
    Get with the program. It's Ole Miss. And purty. Sheesh. And you are sooo not southern..... perv

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I can't believe Planit started this thread already. I haven't even started thinking about Thanksgiving yet... except for the deadlines I have to meet before it.

Are we going to do Secret Cyburb... er, Santa this year?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I can't believe Planit started this thread already. I haven't even started thinking about Thanksgiving yet... except for the deadlines I have to meet before it.

Are we going to do Secret Cyburb... er, Santa this year?
    Sorry MP and I was a little embarassed to do it, but Mom sent me her flight schedule and I had to start thinnking about that stuff

(besides baseball season is over and the golf course is turning brown so what else do I have to do)
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Sorry MP and I was a little embarassed to do it, but Mom sent me her flight schedule and I had to start thinnking about that stuff

(besides baseball season is over and the golf course is turning brown so what else do I have to do)
    Don't worry, I *love* it! Gives me something else to think about other than this political bs I'm sick of hearing about. Yes, it's important, but I just don't care right now

Registered
    Mar 2003
    So last night I head to the hot tub. Haven't done that for a few days because the wind has been blowing so hard we are afraid that a branch will drop on the power line above and well you can see where that would go.

I got ready to come in and called for the dogs. The little one comes the big one does not. So we are outside in the cold wind calling the dog. Husband and one daughter get in the cars to look. The other comes with me to walk the block.

I gave up the hunt and came home to get my car figuring that he had gotten further from home. There he sits by the back door waiting. Such a good boy...

We have been working on the yard so we had moved the fence but had not really constructed the temporary one very well. The wind blew it over.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Get your resumes ready, kids. It's almost official that my senior planner is leaving. Who wants to come to the Oregon coast?

As soon as it is official I will be posting it in the kiosk.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Get your resumes ready, kids. It's almost official that my senior planner is leaving. Who wants to come to the Oregon coast?

As soon as it is official I will be posting it in the kiosk.
    Can you wait until January? Until I hear something about something else?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Can you wait until January? Until I hear something about something else?
    Yes. Unless I hear something from someone else. I'll probably start looking next week, but I am in no rush to fill the position. I will be looking for someone who is even better than the present office-holder, so I will be quite deliberate in picking.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Boxcar Randoms

Oregon Coast Random.....Too bad this Bear is not a real planner.....living on the Oregon coast would be so cool......and close to my son and his family (in Portland). Plus, I would still be relatively close to Toledo.

Toledo, Oregon.

Louisiana Random.....I mentioned that I am now part-owner of a manufacturing company in Shreveport, LA. I have been on the phone with a couple of the folks down Red River way.....what incredible accents.

Vending Machine Food Random.....Once in a while I hit the vending machines at the workplace for a sandwich. Every time I do I regret it......except last week I bought some sort of chicken wrap thingy and it was pretty good.

Northern Lights Random.....Periodically, the Northern Lights are visible from my outpost in northwestern Ohio. Not very often.....and never much of a show, compared to the shows I have witnessed when camping on the shore of Lake Superior. Some of those nights in early September the Northern Lights were just incredible.

Unloading The Boxcar Random.....Old codgers that hang in Cyburbialand remember the days of the railroad boxcar, carrying the goodies across this land called America. That was in the days before specialized railcars.....specialized so they can be mechanically unloaded.

When I was attending university I was also working at a lumber yard. That yard had a railroad spur. That spur would usually have a boxcar, filled with wood. Wood that required good old manual unloading. When the doors were slid open I would climb up to the top and wiggle into a space that was only about 12-inches from boards to boxcar ceiling. One-by-one I would slide long boards out of the boxcar.....handing them to the helpers who were standing on the ground.

Why did I remember this today? I was reading an article at lunch about workplace safety over the decades and the article mentioned manually unloading railcars.

Important Phone Number Random.....867-5309.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfixT...eature=related
    _____

You hate me, don't you?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post

_____

You hate me, don't you?
    That belongs to the Let's get annoying songs stuck in each others' heads thread.
    Which you already had on
    2008-10-07, 03:51 PM #153
    867-5309
    So that is a maybe ?
    Last edited by JNA; 07 Nov 2008 at 9:47 PM.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 1998

I'm usually not quick with funny comments. I usually think of the perfect one liner several minutes too late to be funny. One day though, I was on top of it. A couple of jobs ago, I was renting the downstairs of a house. Upstairs lived Jenny. One day at work a coworker needed to talk to Jenny. She asked me in front of about five others asked "What is Jenny's phone number" You can guess my answer ... The funniest part was when the co worker that asked couldn't figure out why everyone thought it was so funny.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Unloading The Boxcar Random.....Old codgers that hang in Cyburbialand remember the days of the railroad boxcar, carrying the goodies across this land called America. That was in the days before specialized railcars.....specialized so they can be mechanically unloaded.

When I was attending university I was also working at a lumber yard. That yard had a railroad spur. That spur would usually have a boxcar, filled with wood. Wood that required good old manual unloading. When the doors were slid open I would climb up to the top and wiggle into a space that was only about 12-inches from boards to boxcar ceiling. One-by-one I would slide long boards out of the boxcar.....handing them to the helpers who were standing on the ground.

Why did I remember this today? I was reading an article at lunch about workplace safety over the decades and the article mentioned manually unloading railcars.
    Nowadays, when a lumberyard gets an inbound carload of inventory, it is in the form of wrapped bundles that are tied to a center-sill on a very long open car. A fork lift then removes the bundles one at a time, alternating between the two sides of the car to keep everything balanced.

Lumberyards are one of the few retail-level businesses that directly receive inventory in by rail. Two more are farmers' co-ops and fuel (especially propane) dealers.

Speaking of phone numbers, Wisconsin is getting two more area codes within the next 2-3 years. In 2010, '534' will be activated to cover the same area as the existing 715 and in 2011, '274' will cover the same area as existing 920.

Mike

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    ...Louisiana Random.....I mentioned that I am now part-owner of a manufacturing company in Shreveport, LA. I have been on the phone with a couple of the folks down Red River way.....what incredible accents. ...
    Yah you right. Git 'em to send you some Loosiana love. Community coffee, beignet mix, pralines, jambalaya starter mix. A lil' Cajun music wouldn't hurt, either.

I once played a big gig (with my 8-pc Cajun Zydeco band) at that French Quarter-styled place on the mighty Maumee.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post

is it my imagination or did this chap just enter teh 1st rung of teh clube-

Closed thread
Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 130 139 140 141 150 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM