Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 3

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think Smithwick's is my new favorite beer

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    On a different note, has anyone ever heard a cat burp audibly?
    Our cat kind of burps when she's throwing up the food she's just wolfed down as if we only feed her once a month.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Tresmo View post
    Our cat kind of burps when she's throwing up the food she's just wolfed down as if we only feed her once a month.
    Aaaahhhhhhhh, lunchtime visuals
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    My lunchtime visual: 7 wild turkeys at the bird feeders.

They are so ungainly, but they seem to do just fine walking through snow that reaches their thighs. I felt guilty so I went out in brrrrrrrrrr weather to put more seed out for them & the smaller birds.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    My dog wolfs down his food, comes over where we are and belches to let us know he's still got room left for a snack reward for finishing his meal.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    TOFB - how can you eat shellfish without champagne? if it's decent, no headache - stay way from the Asti Spumante, buddy

I am flight tracking my daughter home online, it's a very cool thing to do - she is over Newfoundland at 40,000 feet going about 490 miles per hour - so she should be over my house at 4:40 PM - I can see the international flights way up high as they are hitting landfall heading down to NY/Boston, very cool -

have not heard from her but I didn't expect she'd call -

now I am conflicted because I don't want to leave for Syracuse tomorrow, I really like being home - and I want to spend time with mydaughter tomorrow after school - the Music Boosters promised the admin at the highschool that they would absolutely be at school the next morning - she is going to be exhausted!

I'm going to try to attach a picture of their concertand one from the parade but it's not working, oh well

Registered
    Jan 2006
    No headache and barely caught a buzz, just dumb. . .

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Campbell's Tomato Soup is like Thomas's English Muffins and A-1 Sauce....no one else can do it right. I bought the store label....was sooo sweet.

Nothing like a good bowl of Tom Soup and grilled cheese on a cold day.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    My dog wolfs down his food, comes over where we are and belches to let us know he's still got room left for a snack reward for finishing his meal.
    As I read this, my dog came over to burp...
    Now she is eye-ing the apple I am eating. After she belched, I told her to go lie down, so she then proceeds to walking around my chair and set up shop on my left side (because I may not notice her there...

I love dogs.

I read something interesting the other day. Labs (which is the main breed in my pseudo-mutt, the others being Bloodhound, Lazy and Hungry) are like the French, in that they live to eat. Yorkshire Terriers are like the British, in that they eat to live.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    As I read this, my dog came over to burp...
    Now she is eye-ing the apple I am eating. After she belched, I told her to go lie down, so she then proceeds to walking around my chair and set up shop on my left side (because I may not notice her there...
    Buuurrrrrrrrp! Apple? Carrot? Grape? Already been eaten once? Mmmm, recycled snacks! True omnivores.

Note: I don't let my dogs lick my face.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Note: I don't let my dogs lick my face.
    Made me think of the Classic Peanuts qoute by Lucy Van Pelt in A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
    Auugh! I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! Get some hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I thought the outdoor NHL game was a bit of letdown though I had a sudden urge to name something Sidney.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    I think Smithwick's is my new favorite beer
    It's one of my favorite standards from one of the beloved pubs in New Brunswick. Goes well with most pub grub, isn't too bubbly, and is well balanced.

Quote Originally posted by tsc View post
    Campbell's Tomato Soup is like Thomas's English Muffins and A-1 Sauce....no one else can do it right. I bought the store label....was sooo sweet.

Nothing like a good bowl of Tom Soup and grilled cheese on a cold day.
    I agree on all three accounts. I love Campbell's Tomato Soup made with milk, not water thank you, and served with crunched up saltines. Toss in a cheddar grilled cheese sandwich and that for me is the ultimate little comfort meal.

I survived the 12 hour drive from South Carolina up I-85 and I-95 with the teenager, she is still alive and unharmed. I think the Starbucks at hour 9 tided her over for the remainder of the drive. Last thing I want to do is get up in the morning and drive 40 miles to work
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by tsc View post
    ....Thomas's English Muffins....no one else can do it right.
    I will have to respectfully disagree. Bay's English Muffins (made in the great City of Chicago) are the best english muffins on the market. Unfortunately, you probably can't know the greatest because I don't think they are distributed out your way.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Buckeye, AZ is the first municipal website I've visited where they actually show on a map where the city is located. one would think this would be somethign that most cities, towns, etc. would do but they don't. i found this very frustrating when conducting my first job search out of grad school.

correction: it is actually on their careers page, but that's still better than a lot.

kudos to Buckeye.

why don't cities put it on their main page?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Do we need to start Google-checking regularly, like spellchecking?

An upcoming event has been promoted as happening at the FirstName LastName Center. Google that and the links are to a location 60 miles away with that exact name. The event is actually at the FirstName LastName Institute, located here in town. Both places are named for the same person.

As this is a regional event, the 60 miles away location would be inconvenient, but not unbelievable.

Locals may refer to the Instifute location here in town as the "Center", but Google doesn't know that. Each location's website uses Center and Institute exclusively, so if you don't know the slang, you'll be 60 miles from where you need to be.

Frustrating.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I should post a few times in this thread while it is small enough for me to actually access it.

I have been plagued with cyburbia-related technical difficulties for months and seem to have picked up some new ones recently....right after changing internet providers. Aargh. <rolls eyes -- and I would use an emoticon but cannot access them right now and don't know the code for that one>

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I really hate the first day back in the office after being on a break. It's not like I could have been emailed some information regarding what I've been told to do last week to get a bit of a jump on it. Dragon Lady strikes again.....the saga continues. T-minus 17 days and counting.....
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

I treated myself to a Nikon D40X 35mm TTL digital camera kit and 70-300mm af lens yesterday, after rat-holing nickels and dimes for quite some time. Get it home, and it doesn't come with a memory stick (go figure, considering what the bleepin' thing cost). At lunch today, I go to the store and buy a couple of 2gig sticks and drop 'em off at home. As I finish a sandwich, I look up out the kitchen window and there's a Cooper's Hawk sitting on my fence, just beyond my deck. Positively gorgeous bird to be sure.

So, yeah, the memory stick wasn't yet in the Nikon and I knew I had no way of cutting it out of all the freaking crimped-edge plastic packaging in time to get a good photo. So I grab our little canon powershot and ... the batteries are dead.

This is the second time in a week the Cooper has been in my backyard. Third time's the charm.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    I will have to respectfully disagree. Bay's English Muffins (made in the great City of Chicago) are the best english muffins on the market. Unfortunately, you probably can't know the greatest because I don't think they are distributed out your way.
    In my Michigan days, I was an aficionado of Bay's muffins even though I had trouble reading the lettering and thought it was Ball's muffins for years. Having said that, my years in warmer climates have convinced me that english muffins of any brand are a poor second to southern bisquits from any state south of the M-D line.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    I treated myself to a Nikon D40X 35mm TTL digital camera kit and 70-300mm af lens yesterday, after rat-holing nickels and dimes for quite some time. Get it home, and it doesn't come with a memory stick (go figure, considering what the bleepin' thing cost). At lunch today, I go to the store and buy a couple of 2gig sticks and drop 'em off at home. As I finish a sandwich, I look up out the kitchen window and there's a Cooper's Hawk sitting on my fence, just beyond my deck. Positively gorgeous bird to be sure.

So, yeah, the memory stick wasn't yet in the Nikon and I knew I had no way of cutting it out of all the freaking crimped-edge plastic packaging in time to get a good photo. So I grab our little canon powershot and ... the batteries are dead.

This is the second time in a week the Cooper has been in my backyard. Third time's the charm.
    The camera has internal memory that should have lasted a max of 8 pictures. Just an FYI.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Next week I'll have to work 5 days in a row with no days off for some holiday. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that. Man looks like I'll have to call in sick come Thursday or RJ 3 out of 5 days.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2007
    My co-workers and I have come up with some great T-Shirt ideas within the last week or so. This is best one so far:

"Don't Taunt The Tigers"
    Last edited by Raf; 29 Apr 2008 at 5:41 PM.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I actually passed finance. Big sigh of relief, now to wait for the other marks to come in.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    I actually passed finance. Big sigh of relief, now to wait for the other marks to come in.
    Yeaaaaaaaah! I felt the same with my stats class. Wishing for the rest to be good marks

Closed thread
Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  3. Replies: 5562
    Last post: 01 Jan 2011, 12:01 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141