Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Masters International

Registered
    Jan 2008

Masters International

Hello there -

Does anyone know anything about the Peace Corp Masters International program as it relates to planning schools? I'm considering entering into either U of Cincy of U of Wisconsin's programs for that reason. Can anyone help me in this department?

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Hello,
    I am deciding between FSU and PennDesign for a MS in Urban Planning (still waiting for other schools...). FSU (40K) is far less money than Penn (90K) and is apart of the MI program. I have always wanted to join the Peace Corps but now that I am deciding between schools, I am not so sure? Could I get the same international experience and do the same kind of service through other ways? What are the opportunity differences between FSU and Penn? Any thoughts?

Registered
    Aug 2007
    I will most likely choose Cincinnati's Masters International Program. What kind of questions do you have? This is what I know: Students complete one year of planning studies, do the Peace Corps for two years in lieu of a summer internship, and finish off their degree in the last year. It seems like planning students are bound to the International Development concentration, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to customize my curriculum to include more traditional planning/design courses. There's also the Peace Corps Fellows option in which students do the Peace Corps first, then begin their Masters. I don't know much about that, but it's all on the website.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 Mar 2014, 1:07 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Aug 2013, 10:32 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 27 Feb 2013, 11:54 AM
  4. international opportunities
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Oct 2005, 8:54 PM