Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Rehab of a condo development on 122 acres?

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Cross Creek Condos, Atlanta, GA (122 acres)

Rehab of a condo development on 122 acres?

Anyone have any recommendations on firms who know how to do a master plan of a prime Atlanta condo development now 40 years old. Condos were once apartments. Golf course, etc. fabulous green space in the heart of Atlanta, but no major architectural improvements or additions to the community in all those years. It's worn and tired and needs a new plan. Any recommendations?

Moderator note:
    scribbly, first, let me welcome you to Cyburbia. I've moved your thread from the Cities and Places sub-forum, which is mostly for general discussion of cities and places, to Design, Space, and Place because your question is more site-specific. I think you'll get better traffic here. Again, Welcome! and carry on. ~Gedunker
    Last edited by Gedunker; 22 Jan 2008 at 1:10 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Ok.....

Take a look at these articles:

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...n%20Associates

There were a ton of firms in South Florida doing these condo conversions a few years back....I think it has slowed there, but the link might give you some ideas. The group I'm familiar with in the link seemed to be a good company.
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Is there a movement amongst the residents to "do something" with Cross Creek?

Quote Originally posted by scribbly View post
    Anyone have any recommendations on firms who know how to do a master plan of a prime Atlanta condo development now 40 years old. Condos were once apartments. Golf course, etc. fabulous green space in the heart of Atlanta, but no major architectural improvements or additions to the community in all those years. It's worn and tired and needs a new plan. Any recommendations?
    Off-topic:
    Flatten the condos and move some of the tee boxes - a couple of those holes are a little tight.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 23
    Last post: 06 Jul 2013, 11:36 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 23 Mar 2012, 3:07 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 06 Oct 2009, 4:06 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 21 Nov 2003, 1:39 PM