You can read the rest of the story at the link. By tomorrow morning I am sure there will be more details.Originally posted by St. Louis Post Dispatch
1. One of the costs of our freedom is that some people that are mentally ill, antisocial, or otherwise very dysfunctional are left free to roam our nation.
2. Some of these people become a threat to others and are thus dangerous if not outright evil.
3. In our society, and almost every other one on earth, evil people can get axes, guns, bomb materials, baseball bats, Ryder trucks and Ginsu knives. If we lived on an Island without technology someone would kill someone else with a coconut eventually. A really evil bastard would find a way to shoot multiple coconuts into a crowd. One in a million would figure out how to mix rock powder and sling exploding coconuts into our island paradise houses of learning.
4. You can't predict when or where evil people will strike. But the law of averages says you can count on it happening regularly. It even happens in "enlightened and progressive" nations.
5. You can even have cops present when and where you expect evil may strike and evil can shoot them dead first and then kill everyone in the room.
6. No one but you is responsible for your security. Ask a cop. He isn't there to protect you. He is there for so many other reasons that don't include you in the top 10.
7. No one can really be responsible for protecting you but yourself, and you can't protect yourself by wishing reality away. You have to be aware of your surroundings, mentally prepared, and have trained for your own defense. Or accept whatever the random nature of society throws in your path. Much like a sheep.
8. Gun free zones like schools, churches, airports, civil aviation and stadiums make those people bunching up there more likely to be killed by evil people. Do you read the news?
9. You have a right to defend yourself. Don't kid yourself. The politicians don't care if YOU die. Your safely is just an issue to play for votes. Both sides will cut your throat for more power.
10. You have a duty, if you are capable, to defend others in danger while defending yourself. If bad stuff happens in front of you - you must aid your fellow man.
11. It is time that all law-abiding and willing citizens (including us civil servants) who have the wherewithal to defend themselves and others have the right to carry at work.
12. Lawful Conclead Carry Permit holders are not a threat to pacifits, law abiding citizens, children, the police or anyone but someone threatening them. They do not charge into crime scenes looking to shoot badguys.
13. Because you may not be ready to defend yourself it is cowardly of you to use your vote out of fear or ingnroance to keep me from defending myself and my family, and maybe you if we are at the same Taco Bell when some idot starts shooting.
14. There are exceptions to every rule. My way, the right way, the honest way will result in fewer innocent people being killed by bad people. But, if you prefer the warm fuzzy of having the law abiding disarmed and the criminal element armed then please do so with the blood of the innocents who will die visible on your hands as you cast your pro "gun control" votes. You can be a liberal and still understand the reality of the situation. I'll bet some of those that died tonight may have been liberals and I regret their deaths as much as the others.
15. PLEASE note we didn't discuss background checks, waiting periods, gun security, or even registration. Some of those issues have merit. We can talk about them elsewhere.
We are talking about felony free, throughly criminally background checked, legally tested on CCW law, mental illness background checked, hands-on firing range and gun safety tested, fingerprinted, registered with local law enforcement, liscensed law abiding citizens being able to defend themselves, their families and maybe even YOU!!!
These are my thoughts after reading another stupid mass shooting story where law abiding citizens with guns allowed to carry in that gun-free zone may have been able to lower the death count.