Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Boston - best place to live for recent graduate working in Westford MA?

Registered
    Feb 2008

Boston - best place to live for recent graduate working in Westford MA?

Hey everyone,

I am looking to rent an apartment or buy a *small* condo in the boston area, but I am working in Westford MA. I was hoping you all might be able to tell me where the best places to live between boston and westford are. Of course, I don't want to have too long of a commute to either area tho I am still up in the air about sacrificing being in the city to being closer to work... If outside the city, somewhere off of RT 225 or RT 2 and near commuter rail/subway would be ideal. Just to give you a little bit of info on what i'm looking for: I am a recent graduate so I'd like a younger crowd around with a lot of stuff to do, and a pet friendly area. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tif

Registered
    Mar 2005
    As former resident (10+ years) of many neighborhoods throughout Boston, I would suggest that you look at the Moody Street area of Waltham, Arlington Center in Arlington, or Davis Square in Somerville. All three areas meet all of your criteria and offer easy access to both the Mass Pike (I-90) and Route 2. I would recommend that you use Route 3 between Route 128 and I-495 though.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'd agree to look in Arlington, Medford, West Somerville so as to get easier access to Westford while still being in a "younger" area.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I agree with the other two posts. You might want to consider parts of Medford, too. You can get to Davis Square and it's cheaper than Arlington and Somerville. Look up where the MBTA commuter line route to Littleton/Westford to see some other choices.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Have you considered Lowell? It's a city of 100,000. I lived there during graduate school. It shares a border with Westford, so you'd have a 5 minute commute. It's a hell of a lot more affordable than Boston, but it doesn't hold a candle to the city when it comes to night life - though Boston's scene is heavily influenced by college kids, and as a graduate, you may want to distance yourself from that a little (or not).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 98
    Last post: 24 Dec 2013, 11:43 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 12 Sep 2011, 12:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 29 Jul 2011, 12:32 PM
  4. Advice for a recent graduate
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Jun 2009, 9:04 PM