Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Local California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) guidelines

Registered
    Feb 2008

Local California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) guidelines

Hello All,

Just curious how cities are going about their Local CEQA Guidelines. How often are they updated? Have you come across any other CEQA Guidelines that seem affective? I appreciate ANY information, links, discussion. Thanks.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The county of Santa Cruz had a CEQA Guidelines handbook (not on line) that was being updated when I left. Even given the pace of how they operate, it should be complete by this time....but then again, CEQA changes every year. So why not just operate under the State requirements?

Good luck. That's your 800-lb. gorilla.
    Annoyingly insensitive

CEQA Guidelines

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    The county of Santa Cruz had a CEQA Guidelines handbook (not on line) that was being updated when I left. Even given the pace of how they operate, it should be complete by this time....but then again, CEQA changes every year. So why not just operate under the State requirements?

Good luck. That's your 800-lb. gorilla.
    I agree with the previous poster. Let the State do it. In my jurisdiction we follow the State Guidelines, thus being always in compliance.

Registered
    Feb 2008
    I agree with going by state requirements.
    I was wondering if any cities out there had some sort of check list or something for developers or anyone looking to submit a project into their city.
    I guess you can kind of think of it as a checklist or a 'user friendly' guide that's been broken down from the State's requirements?
    I hope this makes sense!

Thanks!

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Refer developers to OPR website. It is your best bet to educate lay people and developers to the CEQA process. They have really good info, and it probably saves you valuable time in trying to explain the mundane CEQA process.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 31 Oct 2013, 2:21 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 29 Dec 2012, 8:15 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 18 Nov 2011, 2:18 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 17 May 2008, 8:29 PM
  5. Replies: 6