Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: What about MSLD in TAMU?

Registered
    Apr 2008

What about MSLD in TAMU?

Anyone konws about master of science in land development in TAMU? Sounds like a professional real estate program for experinced people. It says that one of only six masterís of land and real estate development programs in the United States, and the only one in a top 20 public university.

So how about the prospective career for such graduates? I am wondering if it is worth to invest in such a program.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    there's more than 6 masters in real estate/land development in the US, and that number is growing at an accelerating rate. other state schools do offer a similar degree, and more are adding them each year. george mason university in virginia is one of them--had they offered it when i was applying, i would have considered them. a masters in real estate/land development has been a worthwhile event for me. career opportunities vary based on previous experience and how it matches up with the MS degree you pursue, as well as your ability to network. personally, i wasn't that impressed with TAMU's program--but that was a couple years ago.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    you mean the program is for experienced worker rather than undergraduate student? I do not have any prior work experience, does it still fit for me? Maybe there would be networking problem for me after graduate

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 09 May 2012, 7:32 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 03 Mar 2011, 10:31 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Feb 2006, 1:45 PM