Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Friday dropping taking friend to airport and still recovering from concussion.
    Saturday... house chores, pet food store and meeting friend for coffee (rainy day)
    Sunday....kayaking on the Hudson or Croton River.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    I'm seeing Van Halen tonight!!!...that's enough to make this weekend great.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Trip to the spa for hair zap'n, melting pot dinner with family for b-day, maybe see IJ and of course lots of work in the yard (it does not help that the garden store is across the street from the spa)
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I was requested to play golf (in their foresome) by my boss and a commissioner. Will work never cease?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Cool and rainy 36 hours. Back down to 66.
    Knock off another degree. 65.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    I get the keys for the new apartment today right after work Almost done packing boxes in my existing hole in the wall (I would rather be sleeping or at the gym at 5 in the morning than packing).

I know I will be dead exhausted tomorrow evening. On Sunday I'll go back to the hole in the wall, clean the carpet, clean everything else up, post a sublet ad on craigslist, and if I have ANY energy left go grocery shopping. Will buy a new sofa and dining room set sometime next week.

Looking forward to doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the rest of the summer (until I hear back on my AICP application sometime in August then it's studying 15 hours/week..grrrrrrrrr).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have rehab "class" in the a.m. Saturday then off to the camper.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I have a breakfast date and the teenager has Saturday detention.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My daughter's high school graduation is tonight!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tomorrow I'm up early to finish the exterior pressure washing. All I have left are the roof eaves. I just worry about getting too much moisture through the vents and into the attic. The vents are in the soffit. Then it's off to get my hair cut to eliminate the mullet that's developed. Afternoon: margaritas poolside.

Sunday, a 7:07 tee time. Then another afternoon by the pool.

Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Knock off another degree. 65.
    Ours was 95 this afternoon. This evening, ZG is going to cut the pump on the solar panels from 10 to 6 hours per day.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    In about 15 minutes I will be heading for town to deposit my check in the bank. Then it will be home for tunes on the deck (no driveway drinking until tomorrow) and a cold gin and tonic. (or 7)

Tomorrow the wife and toher neighborly wimmen will be heading to the Sex and the City movie, while the boys will sit around and have some breakfast beers.

I suppose I should fix up the bike and get my hockey skates sharpened sometime.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Afternoon: margaritas poolside.

Ours was 95 this afternoon. This evening, ZG is going to cut the pump on the solar panels from 10 to 6 hours per day.
    Yo Bubba, you better pick up some more tequila tomorrow!

And I change the pool pump settings because I'm the only one in the house who can figure it out!! (Pats self on back)

I cancelled my trip to Orlando this weekend after the admins at my Mom's retirement place cancelled their urgent (from 4 hrs earlier) request that I arrive there before close of business today to sign her permanently into the health center. And my brother and I were to pack up her apartment, at their request. Now they're backpeddling. A week ago, Mom was at death's door, and now they think they can rehab her to live alone again? Horse pucky. At my brother's suggestion, I'll wait a few weeks for a final decision.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    This evening I spent a goodly percentage of my Stupid Check on a slightly-used washer-dryer pair. To be delivered and set up tomorrow. I am looking forward to washing all my winter stuff prior to packing it away for a few months.

Followed by rearranging the driveway plantings (I love digging in the dark). Two large tall rose of sharon are now next to the house (wall faces south) and a small potted pear tree is planted where they were. I might have some shade this summer.

Tomorrow: following commencement of the laundry equipment, I'll go to a salvage place seeking window screens (older house, wooden windows, need something to get me through the summer). Then to Favorite City's yard waste site to drop off some branches, and load up on fresh wood chips.

Debating an IKEA run. It's 2 hours away and I can hit the only dance event thaking place in the state. Wonder if shipping the needed items would cost less than the fill-up.

Sunday: sleep in a bit, church, ride bike.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Breakfast date was good, even got a dozen roses
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Pool hit 70 yesterday, now off a bit to 68.Will probably be back up to 70 when the nieces and nephews come over this afternoon. They are going to freeze!

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Fallen sick on Friday afternoon and still am sick.

Friday evening: fell asleep on my bean bag chair, watched some tv, went to bed.
    Saturday: slept in, went to the farmer's market, went grocery shopping, had an afternoon nap, watched tv, went to bed.
    Sunday: slept in, thinking about what I have to do this week and if I can call in sick tomorrow and if I do then what do I need to do today to cover my stuff for tomorrow, and more will come.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post

Debating an IKEA run. It's 2 hours away and I can hit the only dance event thaking place in the state. Wonder if shipping the needed items would cost less than the fill-up.

Sunday: sleep in a bit, church, ride bike.
    Back when I moved into my apartment I thought I'd order a kitchen island/counter type thing from Ikea, shipping estimate was well over $100.00. I didn't go through with it. I'm glad I didn't get it regardless of shipping costs as where I was going to put it seems to be the only decent place I can find to store my bike.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Back when I moved into my apartment I thought I'd order a kitchen island/counter type thing from Ikea, shipping estimate was well over $100.00. ...
    Subtotal $99.99
    Shipping & Handling Cost $287.00

That narrows things down pretty well for me! Must be planning to deliver it in a Rolls running on gold-plated petrol.
    Last edited by Veloise; 01 Jun 2008 at 3:50 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    My daughter's high school graduation is tonight!
    Congratulations!
    I hope the ceremony was indoors (it's 95 here)!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    Subtotal $99.99
    Shipping & Handling Cost $287.00

That narrows things down pretty well for me! Must be planning to deliver it in a Rolls running on gold-plated petrol.
    The reason I have never ordered from Target; I wanted to buy something very lightweight and the shipping charge was half the cost of the item ($25) for a $50 item that was under a pound. So, no go. What a ripoff. I have belonged to Amazon Prime for years, free shipping for a nominal amount per year.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Friday Golf
    Saturday Fishin' off the NC coast
    Sunday time to recoup
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    graduation parties for our friend's kid on Saturday - what to get her?

clean house

eldest daughter has a fencing tournament down on the mid-coast

Registered
    Apr 2007
    A good girlfriend and I are flying out Friday night to Juneau for the weekend. Mostly to see some old friends and mingle with the tourists in the local watering holes. This is a much needed getaway.
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" ~Calvin and Hobbes

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Start small deck project on top of where I systematically killed fish - the old pond site.

FUN outdoor gig at Bunny's, Downtown Urbana, IL, 830-11 CDT. I'll be looking for savemattoon and Bear Done by 11, home by 2:30. Woo Hoo!

Sunday, the baby graduates from HS. Mixed emotions on that one. He wants to spread his wings, but I can't see him functioning on his own.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    graduation parties for our friend's kid on Saturday - what to get her?
    I'm going to one on Sunday. She will get a gift card. They like those.

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 4:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans