Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Aug 2005
    friday night: coed indoor soccer
    saturday morning: was supposed to do 5k w/ my puppy but turns out i have a coed outdoor soccer game instead
    sunday morning: coed outdoor soccer
    sunday night: women's outdoor soccer

there will probably some gardening thrown in there at some point too. though i've run out of official places to put things. i'm still trying to get me a hummingbird, so i might need to invest in more hummie friendly plants.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Going to SC baby!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    I hope to be going up to the Catskills to buy a canoe...and then put-in some great lake. Supposed to be hazy hot and humid.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Going to SC baby!
    Bring a fan with ya. It's supposed to be 98 degrees and humid.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Gonna take an early RJ and head to the country tomorrow a.m. Neighbor called to let me know that I've got a tree down in the front yard so it's chainsaw massacre time again. He was nice enough to not only call but also to cut up the part of the tree that was blocking the drive. I love country folk!
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Bring a fan with ya. It's supposed to be 98 degrees and humid.
    Yeah I heard but I've been too cold in NJ after spending 3.5 months in equatorial countries. It will feel like heaven again.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Mother is coming to Town

My mother is coming to visit, I had to clean up the house and hide anything that may upset her conservative points of view.

Celebrate my birthday (55 and still alive!) at the Olive Garden (I have a small gift card, whoopie) and kill a few beers...........been near 100 degrees here every day for two weeks now (Austin TX area)..........hello electric bill..............

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    No plans for Saturday, yet. Just a few house/yard chores (it's getting too hot by mid-day to perform much yard duty). Afternoon we'll be....(somebody care to guess? )
    Sunday I have a 7:07 tee time. Then by noon, we'll be.....(somebody care to guess? )
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

It's a party!

festivalofthearts.org, held DT

Leaving in a few to help set up.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Off tomorrow. Painting the entire apartment, buying a sofa, putting together the dining room set I bought and picked up from CL. Going downtown to Millenium Park Grill for my sis' birthday on Sunday afternoon. Going to the gym a couple of times.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The part RJ left out is that we'll be shopping for car insurance to see if we can get a better deal; right now, we're with separate companies.

He'll be doing the weekend cooking, so I get to kick back and relax. Oh wait, I do that anyway...

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Friday Night: Finalising ideas for a uni assignment shoot, working out which photos to print another assignment

Saturday AM: Hopefully doing a shoot, if i can borrow someones house. Heading to uni to do some darkroom work
    Saturday PM: continuing darkroom work- probably gas myself out in the process. Head to a friends bbq, stinking of chemicals

Sunday AM: Do another shoot.
    Sunday PM: Play soccer, depending if the grounds are open, prob not cause its been raining heaps here. If that is the case go do more uni work.

Monday AM: Sleep in, its a public holiday, yes! Get up and do uni work!
    Monday PM: hopefully see a friend for lunch- otherwise its ... yes you guessed it uni work!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Quiet Weekend Planned

This Bear and Katie have no plans. Unless you consider Katie's continual trips to "the loo" as a "plan".....she has the flu. I hope I don't get it.

Friday PM - Nothing but fun on computer.
    Saturday AM - Oil change and lube for Toy Truck.
    Saturday AM to PM - Putz, as usual, out in garage. Play some horn band stuff on stereo (in honor of TOFB).
    TOFB - I would love to head your way but not in the cards this weekend.
    Saturday PM - Open, due to Katie's flu. Probably will not go anywhere. Maybe grill some fishies. Prettty fishies. Gollum like.
    Sunday - Putz in garage...I may go in to the office for a short while to finish a big project.
    More Sunday - As usual, watch olde movies and work on De Noc.

I am so freaking predictable.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Stopped in Richmond last night...visited with an old friend now living there this morning which was great fun.
    Drove the rest of the way to SC.
    Will hang out all day tomorrow.
    My niece's graduation party is Sunday.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post

Saturday AM to PM - Putz, as usual, out in garage. Play some horn band stuff on stereo (in honor of TOFB).

Bear
    We'll dedicate "Saturday in the Garage" to you anyway. Here's a little clip of what you'll miss.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Yesterday's golf round went really well. (Once I put my drivers away and used my 4iron to tee off). We played a great old course in Denver and got pair up with a tire salesman (on the phone a lot ) and a guy that drank entirely too much MGD. It was fun, they obviously did not take it too seriously and I finally beat my friend.

Today, we're heading up to the mountains for a wedding and then back home with a stop to Costco mixed in. Not my favorite thing to do...

Tomorrow, mow the grass so that BUN gets off my back about it for once.. and then an afternoon nap. Maybe I'll go to the rink or the driving range.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Tomorrow, mow the grass so that BUN gets off my back about it for once.. and then an afternoon nap. Maybe I'll go to the rink or the driving range.
    Hey....what's that sound? Is it a train? Lots of trains in Swanton, OH. Is it a big airplane? Huge freight hub at Toledo Express Airport. Could be. Or is it a tornado? NW Ohio has experienced a few twisties in the last week or so? That sound.....it is so loud.....what is it?

Z-Man mowing grass? Could it be?

Naaaa......more likely (1200 miles away) to hear a box of toilet tissue fall off a Greeley Wal-Mart shelf than hear the sound of a mower at The Z Range.

Bear With Exceptional Hearing
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

I hear you're mad about Brubeck...

Friday night - pizza night at the local summer only pizza restaurant we all can't wait for it to open, run by a fun Greek family who hires imported Eastern Europeans

Saturday - went to a high school graduation party for the daughter of close friends - lots of fun

Sunday - took the kids on a hike and then swimming in the local watering hole and then off to the outlaws for dinner

next weekend - Brubeck at Berklee in Boston - cannot wait!!!!!! (anyone wanna come babysit my kids for one night? )

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post

next weekend - Brubeck at Berklee in Boston - cannot wait!!!!!! (anyone wanna come babysit my kids for one night? )
    Sounds like a great wingding; remember to bring provisions and lots of beer!

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I won't babysit, but after the show you can definitely stop at that dugout that my dad built (in case the Reds decide to push the button down).

On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Sounds like a great wingding; remember to bring provisions and lots of beer!
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    I won't babysit, but after the show you can definitely stop at that dugout that my dad built (in case the Reds decide to push the button down).

you 2 completely and totally rock -

I was wondering if anyone would get the reference

a case of Rice-a-Roni to you both....

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    festivalofthearts.org, held DT
    Buried in this Festival write-up is a description of my fantabulous
    fashion accessorizing (look for the mention of Cajun food).

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/0...ival_blog.html

And the one audio slideshow perfectly highlights my musicianship.

I used the bicycle corral as a green room, hauling the big horn down in my bike trailer.

Registered
    May 2003

My 7-Day Weekend

Woo-hoo.....taking some vacation time.....Wednesday through Tuesday.....

Wednesday AM - Catch-up on some home paperwork, files, yadda-yadda.
    Wednesday Mid - Putz: Garage
    Wednesday PM - Loma Linda's.....Katie and this Bear married 14 years today.....celebrate tomorrow, Wednesday.
    Thursday - Detroit (Tiger Game!) (Day game)
    Thursday PM - If home in time, attending a special Toledo Intermodal Conference at University of Toledo.
    Friday AM - Fishing (Hopefully, "catching", too..... )
    Friday PM - Drinking somewhere
    Saturday - Yadda
    Sunday - Yadda
    Monday - Yadda
    Tuesday - Yadda
    Wednesday - "Oh, no....Mr. Sluggo....."

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Thursday: spend most of the freaking day driving to Orlando. Visit my mom. Spend night in her apartment with no t.v. since my brother took it for his youngest kid's room. God, did he leave sheets and towels or are those gone, too?? Toilet paper? Soap?
    Friday: shop, visit LadyBuc and "the boys" at the old office. Go to bank. Possibly meet with administrators at Mom's retirement place. Visit my mom several times. Possibly start packing up stuff in her apartment. Spend night with family friend.
    Saturday: Hang out with sisterceleste. Vist my mom several times. Spend night with family friend.
    Sunday: visit Mom. Treat me and kid to meal at Steak n Shake. Spend rest of the freaking day driving home.

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 4:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans