Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Off-topic:
    Kiss ass. And don't put that kind of pressure on me, either.
    Off-topic:
    Once again you misconscrewed my intent. No pressure, I know you can't handle pressure.

Gonna be another hot weekend in the Lone Star State. Need to get my yardwork done early and stock up on the Shiner Bock.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Last night over dinner, it was announced to all that I would be sanding and re-staining the back deck on Sunday...

I almost announced that it was time for my wife to start cleaning the kitchen (it is true, I do most of the inside cleaning and have recently gone on a silent strike) on Sunday, but I figured I wouldn't call her out in front of our friends.

TMI, I know, but I needed to vent. I guess we haven't a local baseball team to watch on Sunday so I might as well be spending it deckside.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Girls night out and cigars

Friday night-Wife and step-daughter are going to see Sex and the City, I am staying home, plan to watch a sporting event and smoke a cigar!!!!

Saturday--golf lesson in the morning and then date with wife in the evening.

Sunday-BBQ with our best friends and his Dad.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Friday Night - BBQ with friends.

Saturday - Euro 2008 watching, Neighbourhood Block Party.

Sunday - Cycling, Euro 2008...groceries, cleaning...

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    To live in NC you must pick your allegiances early:
    UNC Chapel Hill - Duke - NCState - Wake - Other
    From what I was told when I moved here, those are the only choices

BTW - Congrats
    Thanks!

ehhhh, well I like Florida teams, UCF Knights (undergrad) and the Florida Gators (the Gator Nation is everywhere!)...I had a couple of friends (and my new boss) that went to UNC Chapel Hill though, maybe that will be my pick.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Last night over dinner, it was announced to all that I would be sanding and re-staining the back deck on Sunday...

I almost announced that it was time for my wife to start cleaning the kitchen (it is true, I do most of the inside cleaning and have recently gone on a silent strike) on Sunday, but I figured I wouldn't call her out in front of our friends.

TMI, I know, but I needed to vent. I guess we haven't a local baseball team to watch on Sunday so I might as well be spending it deckside.
    so how comfortable has the couch been for ya'?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    so how comfortable has the couch been for ya'?
    Oh har d har har.

My doing more around the house is the channeling of good old fashioned feminist guilt, thanks to Mom. Not asking for break or to quit, just want equity.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    hehehehe - sorry I couldn't let it go - remember that sometimes marriage isn't fair -

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    hehehehe - sorry I couldn't let it go - remember that sometimes marriage isn't fair -
    It aint so bad at all. I love it and I am crazy about her. unicorns, butterflies, etc..

Now, it looks as if the deck plans have been put on hold in order for our attendance to a local festival to be made.

Of course, tonight I now will be doing dinner with a couple former coworkers (but current friends). Whether I drink or not will depend on if I play hockey at 9pm tonight or not.

-Peart

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Tonight: playing fiddle and euph at the UnFest folk music camp-out

Tomorrow: house stuff

Sunday at 0'dark 30: git on a plane to Houston. It's my little brother's 50th birthday! (Return Tuesday.)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Thanks!

ehhhh, well I like Florida teams, UCF Knights (undergrad) and the Florida Gators (the Gator Nation is everywhere!)...I had a couple of friends (and my new boss) that went to UNC Chapel Hill though, maybe that will be my pick.
    Nope - stay with the Gator Nation
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Tonight: Try to keep my eyes open.

Saturday: Visit the new farmer's market in town (mmm... fresh strawberries); maybe stop at the library for some new books; work on the stone walkway in the garden. Originally I planned to go on an outing with my local bird(-watching) club, but I really need to finish that walkway already... before the mosquitos in our backyard get any worse than they already are.

Sunday: ?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Im tired off my butt and just want to sleep but the other half is insisting we go to the Zoo for some early AM members only thing tomorrow.

Guy co workers think this is when he will finally pop the question but come on the zoo? 7:30 A freaking M ?????
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    I have an extra ticket to the True Colors Tour at Bethel Woods. I got a 4 pack because it was cheaper. If you are in the lower hudson valley with nothing to do tomorrow....pm me if you want to go!
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Feb 2004
    On vacation next week. Bye.

Oh, and don't be f'ing up the FAC while I'm gone with nasty and stoopid threads either!

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    On vacation next week. Bye.
    We won't even notice you're gone nor will we leave too big of a mess here for you to clean. I promise. Have a great week off, slacker.

ZG just called, she and her son won't be home until Monday. What's a guy to do? I'm thinking of going with a rib eye; medium-rare. Off to Publix!!

EDIT: Ouch. Pool temp dropped to 82 this morning after the two days of overcast. Crap!
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post

EDIT: Ouch. Pool temp dropped to 82 this morning after the two days of overcast. Crap!
    What a wimp, 82 is what we heat ours to. That is supposed to be optimum lounging temperature.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerGirl View post

Guy co workers think this is when he will finally pop the question but come on the zoo? 7:30 A freaking M ?????

So any news???
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm going stir crazy. When the SO wakes up I am suggesting a day trip to chicago. If I get shot down, well, then I go to the bike shop up the street and buy that $700 Yakima rack i want.....

Yeah. I'm a bitch.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Chet View post
    Yeah. I'm a bitch.
    Somebody has to be
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Somebody has to be
    Turns out the SO doesnt want to go to Chicago. So off to the bike store I go. And if the 3G iPhone was out, I'd be buying that too.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Chet View post
    Turns out the SO doesnt want to go to Chicago. So off to the bike store I go. And if the 3G iPhone was out, I'd be buying that too.
    Party pooper. Post pics of the bike rack.

I'm going to New York in the morning to hang out with one of my friends.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Party pooper. Post pics of the bike rack...
    And the bike.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

TMI - don't read this

Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    What a wimp, 82 is what we heat ours to. That is supposed to be optimum lounging temperature.
    Look (not really) when a guy exits a pool from cool water, the unit tends to shrink, if you know what I mean. With the nominal size of my junk, I need to keep the water warmer than 82 just for ego sake. Garry the Gator reported a temp of 87 this afternoon before the t-storms rolled in.

BTW, I think all the tan lines are gone.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    SAW
    Thanks for posting that was truly TMI.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 228
    Last post: 21 Jul 2014, 4:03 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM