Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Taking an eight day weekend that starts at COB tonight. Despite the gas prices, driving from Texas to Michigan and back. My nephew/godson just graduated from high school so we'll be partying for/with him on Saturday in the Detroit area and then driving across the state for a family reunion in SW Michigan on Sunday. Monday, it's back on the road for the drive home. Now...if we can just get across the Mississippi basin and back, we might make it.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    an undisclosed number of 9 yo girls are sleeping over at my house on Friday as my daughter's end-of-the-year-never-got-a-birthday-party-in-February-from-my-parents kind of thing - I am scared to say the least

Saturday, Police Chief and Tax Collector and their respective spouses are coming for dinner

Sunday - mooch a meal off unsuspecting outlaws

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    an undisclosed number of 9 yo girls are sleeping over at my house on Friday as my daughter's end-of-the-year-never-got-a-birthday-party-in-February-from-my-parents kind of thing - I am scared to say the least

Saturday, Police Chief and Tax Collector and their respective spouses are coming for dinner

Sunday - mooch a meal off unsuspecting outlaws
    You're gonna need a few of those martinis you're clutching in your avatar...

Ugh, I'm still recovering from this past weekend. All I'm hoping for is that the next weekend involves sleeping in, margaritas, and a couple evenings watching movies while semi-comatose on the couch with RJ.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Yikes! I'm glad we are past that stage, now we even don't have space to do such a thing anymore. Earplugs and booze were generally my strategy in the past.

I have a second date on Sunday
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jun 2005
    For me this weekend its anything but Uni work!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Sat.- the Boy's HS Graduation party. Basically just the fam so it won't be too crazy. Daughter will be home from School. Have not seen her in 107 days. . . .

Sunday, gig at the Taste of Champaign-Urbana. First time all four of us will be back in town together for about three years. Really looking forward to it!

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Towing the camper up the River to Norrie Point (just north of Hyde Park). Going paddling on the Hudson and hanging out with the hound dog. Probably have some a few Ginitos (my new drink...tanq, tonic, lime and mint!)
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Hopefully will start painting this damn apartment (some moron long ago used oil based paint which ate through my latex paint and two coats of primer sealer, so the maintenance crew will be power sanding down the walls this week).

Have Friday off, will probably go to that huge water park in Rockford with some buddies and finally get some much needed color.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Heading to the mountains this weekend with the wife to celebrate our First wedding anniversary.

Has it been a year already?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Camping in NE Indiana for two nights. Hoping that the weather isn't bad. The wife and I have a pretty weather resistant tent, but the enjoyment of camping is less if you can't be outdoors.

Anyone know any really good camping food recipes? I am kinda more than a hot dog and beans guy. I will have a pretty good bbq pit....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Heading to the mountains this weekend with the wife to celebrate our First wedding anniversary.

Has it been a year already?
    Congratulations! Enjoy the weekend together.

My best friend is flying up from the Grand Canyon on Friday night to spend a week with me in AK. She's never been here before, so I'm taking all of next week off. I know that Saturday, we're heading to the Third Eye Blind summer solstice concert and then crashing my friend's wedding reception (she has an open bar, and gave us permission )

The rest of the week is full of ideas. We're heading down to Homer for a few days next week to play in town and go sea kayaking. We're definitely going to get some hiking and biking in. And some good eating and bar hopping. We're going to play a lot of it by ear, but I'd like to get to the Native Heritage Center and some other cultural events, too.

I'm *REALLY* excited
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" ~Calvin and Hobbes

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Heading to Denver Friday morning with my brother to a Class (School) Reunion. PUB crawling, white water rafting and a private screening of a documentary about military dependents is on the agenda.... plus some hangover recovery time.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie View post
    ...and a private screening of a documentary about military dependents is on the agenda....
    Oh? I am curious as I always tend to think of us "depends" as a but out of sync with the rest of the population and wonder how much study has gone on.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post

Anyone know any really good camping food recipes? I am kinda more than a hot dog and beans guy. I will have a pretty good bbq pit....
    I always had good luck with quesadillas; simple ingredients, and you can make them on a camp stove or over a fire. When my son was in cub scouts, we made those foil packet dinners: beef or chicken, with sliced potatoes and veggies, salt and pepper. The secret ingredient was Heinz 57. After a day outside in the cold, they tasted pretty darn good.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Oh Yeah.....

Going on a whale watching boat ride this weekend in Southern California Worried though....forecasts are for 6-8 foot seas and 15kt+ (17.26mph+) winds.....I hope they still go out
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Camping in NE Indiana for two nights. Hoping that the weather isn't bad. The wife and I have a pretty weather resistant tent, but the enjoyment of camping is less if you can't be outdoors.

I usually cook on my fire and I usually make one roasted meat meal when I camp. I like rubbing a pork roast tenderloin with dried chipolte pepper, black pepper, sea salt, and crushed garlic. Then I toss in sliced garlic, potatos or sweet potatos, peppers, onions with some olive oil, wrap in foil and roast. A few ears of fresh corn roasted are always good too. Serve with a good micro brew...mmmmmm.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006

MREs baby

Registered
    Mar 2004

sure.....

Quote Originally posted by nrschmid View post
    MREs baby
    A bag of beef jerky and a can of tuna with a spoon Nothing like lugging a cast iron skillet around to cook stuff on.....it'll get you branded as rugged just for carrying that thing around
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Head up to God's Country (a.k.a. Oklahoma) for my father-in-law's 70th birthday bash. Should be fun!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    A bag of beef jerky and a can of tuna with a spoon Nothing like lugging a cast iron skillet around to cook stuff on.....it'll get you branded as rugged just for carrying that thing around
    I think Mrs. Hink_Planner knows better than to think I am rugged, but maybe more mountain man than I currently am. I have always liked the tin foil dinners, but always seem to over cook them...

I love beef jerky and make homemade often. The Mrs. hates it. So not an option. I like the quesadilla option....interesting.

Thanks!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Weekend = Rolling Rock & Other Less Important Stuff

This Bear's plans for the weekend.....

(Should I just copy any previous post showing my plans? )

Friday PM - No plans made, yet. We will probablt sit on the deck at the local seafood restaurant/bar. If ever in Swanton and you have a....heh heh.....clamoring for seafood, try Shucker's.

Saturday All Day - Stoopid garage sale prep. Last year I vowed to never do another garage sale. But, Katie's brother passed away in February and all of his stuff was stored on the 2nd floor of my big garage. Katie and her brother and sister all agreed to each have a garage sale. The brother has fulfilled his end of the deal, last weekend. Katie and I will do our part a week from Saturday, when Swanton has its' "community garage sale". In July, Katie's sister will do her sale.

Note: Will my 2nd floor of the garage be "free and clear"? Not! My stepson has all his stuff stored up there and my son has all his stuff stored up there. Plus, we have some (but not a lot) stored up there. Oh, the humanity.....

Saturday PM - Probably some local pub. Or maybe even stay home. Shocker!

Sunday AM - Some minor work to the boat. I can't isolate my electrical problem so I will finish the cleaning and getting it ready for fishing. Not much to do in that regard. Early next week, drop it at Devils Lake Marina.....they can find the problem.

Sunday Balance of day - Watch old movies, work on De Noc. Been doing a lot to the ole' place, of late.....expanding corporate limits in northeastern sector, developing ROWs (water, electric), detailing already-too-detailed spreads on strip centers.

Rolling Rock will be involved.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    RJ received a belated Father's Day present of a belgian waffle maker, so we will be having a good brunch this weekend, accompanied by some bubbly. And hopefully some sun. A fine, fine weekend.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Friday p.m. - Euro 2008 quarter-final watching, dinner, relaxing...

Saturday - chores, afternoon BBQ at friends'

Sunday - nothing much planned. Heading out of town for a business trip in the evening.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Who is celebrating the Summer Solstice tonight ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Who is celebrating the Summer Solstice tonight ?
    So that's why I have an irresistible urge to stack large stones upon each other today.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club