Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    just back from a massive dog fight session
    This evening - dragging my shattered carcass to York to dine with the girlfriend. Probably something cheap and cheerful - Thai or pizza. Hopefully back to Leeds in time to catch up with friends who are out to see another friends band.

Tomorrow - a much needed lie in then off to Manchester for a birthday bash, an old school friend of the girlfriend. Back to Leeds early door as the other half needs to revise for some exams on Sunday, ideally without a stinking hangover.

Sunday - PS3 & GTA IV marathon (if theres anyone else here diseased by an addicted to GTA IV online - GTAHIV? - add me, i'm using the same username as on here) whilst the other half squirrels herself away revising. Try also to catch some Euro 2008 action if at all possible.

Should be fun, but relatively quiet. Trying to save some spends for a trip to Paris I've lined up at the end of July.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Hic!

Close to posting while intox.....

Katie and this Bear considered driving to Napoleon, OH to see a street concert. A gang of Katie's work pals was heading to the little Maumee River community about 40 miles southwest of Toledo. Band on tap.....The Menus.....a fun Cincinnati band that plays dates in and around Ohio. We have caught their show a couple times.....good stuff.

However, we decided to stay local and went to Loma Linda's (what a surprise) and then stopped at The Haven. Had a nice time, met some friends, it all worked out okay.

Katie is not going to feel good on Saturday.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Close to posting while intox.....

Bear

Join the crowd, BUN. RJ has crashed. I'm waiting for my kid to stop taunting me and go watch cartoons until dawn. Good thing I just switched from white wine to Diet Dew.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The round of golf was cancelled this morning due to the weather, so I'm making Belgium waffles with the new waffle iron ZG and her son gave me for Father's Day. Side of sausages and strawberries. Oh, and sparkling wine. Yummy.

The weather might be breaking for us to get some pool time this afternoon.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 22 Jun 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: wine
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

recovery time is longer

Just returned from four days of golf and alcohol in Overland Park, KS. Beautiful weather (thanks Budgie & Queen B for keeping tornados away), slight sunburn and toooo much fun. I think I need to quit drinking for a day or two to help balance my system again. I forgot how much I like vodka tonics and how much those effect a golf swing.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Mrs G poured the very last drop of fuel into the mower about two weeks ago and it must have had water in it, so the mower wouldn't run. I added some stablizer and changed out the plug, but it was no go, so I brought it to a small egine repair shop. He had it ready to pick up on Friday afternoon but I couldn't get there in time, so I went to pick it up Saturday. He wasn't there .. I left a message ... never got a return call. So ......

I mowed the yard yesterday using a reel mower and let me tell you, I am hurting.

Reel mowers are fine if the grass hasn't gotten too tall. And you have a relatively flat yard, and only a small area to mow. They're great if you have a 14 year old son or daughter. None of those things exist in my world. I'm aching all over.
    Batter up!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

cash only households are bad and good

so this weekend I either pay the mortgage or go to my niece's graduation - it's awful when expenses get so high like this that you can't even move!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Recover from last weekend. You get us brats together and all hell breaks loose. It's going to take decades to live down the events of last weekend. Especially since there's photo, video and testimonial documentation. Damn we know how to cut loose.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    I mowed the yard yesterday using a reel mower and let me tell you, I am hurting.
    I'm sorry, the Neverending Turning into an Old Geezer Thread is here: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...t=34157&page=3 Would you like one of the more spry mods to move this post for you?

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie View post
    Recover from last weekend. You get us brats together and all hell breaks loose. It's going to take decades to live down the events of last weekend. Especially since there's photo, video and testimonial documentation. Damn we know how to cut loose.
    okay post some pics...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    They're great if you have a 14 year old son or daughter. None of those things exist in my world. I'm aching all over.
    You can borrow mine, I'm all for child labor
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

     
    Registered
    Feb 2007
    just back from a massive dog fight session
    i have a full schedule, including:

- first attempt at proper house DIY in the form of replacing a broken window;
    - playing cricket in York tomorrow afternoon and attempting to better my batting scores of 7, 0 & 0 in the previous 3 matches;
    - meeting up with a mate from Sheffield who's on a stag do in Leeds;
    - trying to talk the other half out of getting a haircut she's wanting (& i don't want) TIPS WELCOME;
    - going bowling with with the other half on Sunday;
    - generally walking on eggshells when in the house to try to avoid the other half getting angry with me for no reason other than she's turned into some ball of fuzzy rage and anxiety thanks to upcoming exams.

everyone else?
    Last edited by HarryFossettsHat; 27 Jun 2008 at 11:13 AM.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Josh Mercer (local singer-songwriter) concert-recording this evening @ Genuine Joe's
    Chill up in Georgetown tomorrow.
    Sunday - Church and then Round Rock vs. Nashville AAA baseball. Go Express!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Hopefully last weekend of painting (I'm never ever buying bright colored paint from Wal-Mart ever again, three coats is ridiculous). Hopefully, doing stenciling and mural work on another wall and then I'm done!!!

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    Josh Mercer (local singer-songwriter) concert-recording this evening @ Genuine Joe's
    Chill up in Georgetown tomorrow.
    Sunday - Church and then Round Rock vs. Nashville AAA baseball. Go Express!
    I guess I'm going to the Round Rock game Saturday night, too. I just got two free tickets. Sweet. (I hope the wife approves).

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am at peace staying home this weekend - going fishing tonight!

this is the start of a week at home, yeah!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm not sure but it will probably include chinese food, a transparent speedo, and some margaritas. (And the usual mundane stuff such as laundry....)

Oh, and I'll be using RJ as a guinea pig for the ped egg I bought.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Trying to replace the four-wheeler (with 212,000 real miles on it). Its possible successor is at a car lot some ways south.

Return, stop by a friend's house to collect him and take to spectate at a criterium (short closed-course) bicycle race. He's an avid cyclist, and of lately he has been indisposed. (Get those colonoscopies done, folks!).

Needing some mitzvahs in my life, and this will help me too.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Brazilian shaving tonight or tomorrow morning. Fun in the sun tomorrow. 7:07 tee time on Sunday.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Brazilian shaving tonight or tomorrow morning.
    7:07 tee time on Sunday.
    1 - Way TMI if ya ask me.
    2- So what else is new.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    2- So what else is new.
    Don't worry, he hasn't cleared brazilian shaving with me, I'll probably still be snoozing the first 3 hrs he's up tomorrow. RJ has a wonderful pillow-top and I could just sleep for hours and I do!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    **RJs comment deleted**

Moderator note:
    Please don't feed them so much information. It makes them think about...well, you know.

Dan
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    **RJs comment deleted**

Moderator note:
    Please don't feed them so much information. It makes them think about...well, you know.

Dan
    You guys are so mean.

Moderator note:
    TMI portion of post deleted.

suburb repairman

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

This makes it worse!!

Whatever those crazy panhandle kids might have typed can't be as bad as my imagination.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Weekend With The Bear

No trip to South America for this Bear. Just relaxing on Saturday evening, after dealing with "the dreaded garage sale".

It was a long week, covering for a vacationing supervisor and topping it with the garage sale. Did not even go to the Swanton Party In The Park.....stayed home and sorted sale stuff. Up at 5:00 AM on Saturday and started setting up tables, pricing what was not yet priced, watching the clouds, and easily sweating because the morning humidity was over 90%.

Still felt good after we closed the doors.....my sis-in-law had lent her now-deceased brother thousands of dollars and it was a chance to at least get a little something back in her pocket.

Saturday PM - Watching the Detroit Tigers, playing on the computer. I will be crashing at an early hour.

Sunday AM - Gonna cook-up a big sausage and eggs breakfast and head for the garage, to sort thru all the stuff that didn't sell at the garage sale.

Sunday Afternoon - Relax in traditional "Bear" fashion, watching old movies and working on the largest fictional city map drawings in the world.

Note: Probably not actually going to watch a movie. Just purchased a big DVD set of old TV detective shows, such as DRAGNET, RACKET SQUAD, etc. Those old shows will be on my screen.

Monday, back to work.....covering all four work days for a vacationing Production Control Manager. Just call me "blanket".

Bear

EDIT......just as I closed the post, the Tigers enjoyed a grand slam home run !!! Woo-hoo !!!!
    Last edited by Bear Up North; 28 Jun 2008 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Home Run !!!
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 249
    Last post: 04 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM