Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    More portfolio work. I had to replace the hard-drive on my computer this past week and lost about 16 hours of work from last weekend (the one time I don't save to my jump drive and I get screwed).

Going to tax lady on Saturday and out to dinner Saturday night. I need a new alarm clock my 30 year old alarm clock stopped working this week. I guess I will have to go to Target to get a replacement, which will lead to a stop at Starbucks and Borders.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    RJ wants to go to the local home and garden expo at the fairgrounds. sigh.... The one in Orlando has hundreds of booths, big displays, tons of seminars. I think this one has 40-50 booths. It may not take up much of the day Saturday.

Then we'll come home and have eggs benedict, strawberries, and champagne.

Sunday, he plays golf and I sleep in.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Going up to Arlington. A friend of mine who I've known since I was five is marrying another friend of mine who I met in a non-related manner when I was in junior high band. Odd. Should be fun, though. I don't know whether to sit on the bride or groom's side.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    not sure - Saturday night, the high school drama club is having their area competition in one-act plays and I hear ours is pretty good -

Sunday having friends over for Sunday dinner - have not figured out the menu yet except negroni's are planned prior to dinner

Registered
    Aug 2005
    tonight: soccer
    saturday: cleaning, having friends over for dinner.
    sunday: relaxing & soccer
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    Going up to Arlington.
    Bring a coat. Going to be cold here this weekend.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    I don't know whether to sit on the bride or groom's side.
    Given your avowed conservatism, I'd suggest you sit on the right side regardless.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Going to see the neighnbors at the local libation station tonight.

Probably going to take the new car on a drive for Saturday.

If my cough dies down, I my get backon my bike. The roads are dry and the temps should be in the 50s, so that'll make some good riding.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Given your avowed conservatism, I'd suggest you sit on the right side regardless.
    Good call.

(I'm not that conservative, am I?)

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Replace the broken brake cable on the one city bike. Supposed to be clear, dry, and cold this weekend, perfect for getting back in the saddle again.

Anticipating hearing more from either/both of my new prospects/friends. (Singles: plentyoffish.com is the only dating site you need.)

Pick through closets, fill up a couple more bags for thrift store recycling. (I should not have to buy more hangers.)

Red Hat group going to the Women's Expo Sunday afternoon.
    Burlesque show band practice after that.

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally posted by chrisinmd View post
    Going to tax lady on Saturday and out to dinner Saturday night. I need a new alarm clock my 30 year old alarm clock stopped working this week. I guess I will have to go to Target to get a replacement, which will lead to a stop at Starbucks and Borders.
    Wow...toss in a trip to WalMart and that sounds like a complete weekend. Target, Starbucks, and Borders...sounds like the perfect recipe for Bush's economic stimulus plan. To hell with small business, independent booksellers, and latin american farmers...

Tonight is a play at the local theatre, tomorrow going white water rafting down the American River in my new raft, Sunday...my girlfriend is coaching a mountain bike team and they are having a race...so going to root them on.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Taxes, painting, chipping dog doo out of the ice, fun stuff.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by hip.hip.hooray View post
    Wow...toss in a trip to WalMart and that sounds like a complete weekend. Target, Starbucks, and Borders...sounds like the perfect recipe for Bush's economic stimulus plan. To hell with small business, independent booksellers, and latin american farmers...
    Awesome...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2002

weekend

Looks like I'll be shoveling snow.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Wow...toss in a trip to WalMart and that sounds like a complete weekend. Target, Starbucks, and Borders...sounds like the perfect recipe for Bush's economic stimulus plan. To hell with small business, independent booksellers, and latin american farmers....
    Moderator note:
    I don't see a smiley in there.

Sam's Law.

Besides, not everyplace has small indie bookstores. If they're around, they might not be of the kind that encourages browsing and lingering. chrisinmd may be looking for products such as ... oh, underwear or plastic storage cartons -- that aren't always available at mom-and-pop merchants. We've had this discussion hundreds of times in the past.

My weekend: finish painting the basement, try to paint some of the stairwell, and rip up more cheap laminate flooring.

Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Moderator note:
    I don't see a smiley in there.

Sam's Law.

Besides, not everyplace has small indie bookstores. If they're around, they might not be of the kind that encourages browsing and lingering. chrisinmd may be looking for products such as ... oh, underwear or plastic storage cartons -- that aren't always available at mom-and-pop merchants , We've had this discussion hundreds of times in the past.

My weekend: finish painting the basement, try to paint some of the stairwell, and rip up more cheap laminate flooring.
    I just need a cheap alarm clock so I can get up in the morning and continue to work for the MAN. I like Wal-Mart, I'm sorry that Sam Wlaton put middle america out of business, but it used to carry only american made goods, now its all chinese. I own Starbucks stock and I've lost my shirt, so keep buying coffee there so I can get my investment back. In all seriousness we don't have any local coffee shops here except Starbucks ( or as we call it FiveBucks). I buy my food at the local organic market now but they don't carry everything- some stuff you have to get at the regular stores. I get all my vegetable at the organic store but meat gets a bit pricy....and organic plastic wrap sucks.

Since I'm writing I'm in the market for a hybrid car. I used to buy all my cars from 1st virgina bank's repo lot but they were bought out by a bigger bank and the repo lot disappeared. Anyone know of a bank repo lot that is open to the public in the DC area. I'm looking for a honda hybrid or a prius.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    Burlesque show band practice after that.
    I can't believe no one but me noticed this - do tell...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Wow... Sunday...my girlfriend is coaching a mountain bike team and they are having a race...so going to root them on.
    Maybe I just don't get it, but "coaching" a mountain bike team. Help me out. I guess there has to be more than...

Pedal!, Pedal! Look out for that tree! Pedal! There's a rock ahead of you. Turn right!

Anyway, not much happening here. Need to do a couple small home repairs which could take 30 minutes or all weekend depending on how much effort I put into it.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I can't believe no one but me noticed this - do tell...
    It's true: conservative Christian Grand Rapids has a burlesque show.
    http://www.spacevstime.com/burlesque/index.html

The acts consist of stripping, weird skits of varying hilarity (the even keel of SNL), stripping, musical interludes, audience participation contests, artistic stripping (hula hoop!), a character known as the re-animated corpse of Gerald R. Ford, vulgar humor, stripping, sophomoric humor, and props such as whipped cream and confetti. The emcee has to kill lots of time while a stagehand cleans up.

http://www.myspace.com/endtimesorchestra
    I have not been able to figure out the ensemble's real name; it's either End Times - or End of Time - Orchestra. (The Mardi Gras gig video came off my camera.)

Early returns (from the Christmas show) indicate that it's hard to play a wind instrument while laughing.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

A Bear Weekend

My plans this weekend.....

Friday PM - Relax, play on the computer, maybe some Civilization II
    Saturday AM to late afternoon - Doing some tax-related paperwork
    Saturday PM - Dinner, probably Carraba's....later, drinks at local pub
    SUNDAY! Funny Cars! Detroit Dragway! Sibley At Dix! Big John Masmayneon! Daddy Don Garlitz! SUNDAY!

(Sorry, slipped into alternate character, shifty 60s dude.... )

Sunday - Relax (Maybe work on De Noc, watch old movies)

Looking forward to warmer weekend weather so I can attack the garage (what a freakin' mess).....not keen about wearing winter clothing when organizing, etc.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    ...SUNDAY! Funny Cars! Detroit Dragway! Sibley At Dix! Big John Masmayneon! Daddy Don Garlitz! SUNDAY!
    SUNDAY!!

Please tell me that that type of radio advertisement aired in other markets besides the Detroit area.

A few weeks back, I was a guest on a radio show (promoting Tuba Christmas) and pronounced the day of the week like that. The two deejays chimed right in. Sunday...SUNDAY!!

Used to be a motorcycle insurance ad that emulated it...

CKLW 20/20 NEWS!!!
    Last edited by Veloise; 07 Mar 2008 at 8:06 PM.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    SUNDAY!!

Please tell me that that type of radio advertisement aired in other markets besides the Detroit area.

A few weeks back, I was a guest on a radio show (promoting Tuba Christmas) and pronouned the day of the week like that. The two deejays chimed right in. Sunday...SUNDAY!!

Used to be a motorcycle insurance ad that emulated it...

CKLW 20/20 NEWS!!!
    Quite certain that this gimmick was used everywhere in the good ole' USA. Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention even used it as part of the bits in their infamous anti-war song, BILLY THE MOUNTAIN. Great stuff.

(Yes, I fondly remember CKLW.....I got sand in my transistor radio, on the beach, listening to "The Big 8".....Jenny....blanket....uh oh, fond fondling memories kicking in..... )

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Off-topic:
    SUNDAY SUNDAY
    I heard it in the Metro NY area on radio for Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.

Likely in the office saturday working on LUCA.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Looks like I'll be shoveling about a foot of snow.

(First significant winter weather we've had since 2004 -- the kids will actually get to ride their sleds! Look out below!)
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club