Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Fri: read more Green Book, go out downtown
    Sat: Wake up around 11-12 (depending how late I get in), gym, chores, have buddy over for dinner
    Sun: read more Green Book, maybe a jog on the trail (trying to keep my tan as long as possible).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I have been evicted again (2nd time in a little over a year), apartment building is structurally unsound, landlord is trying to move me into one of the other towers. I moved in on June 1st, and spent a good 1 1/2-2 months doing extensive paint work and a mural. I might need to move at the end of Sept instead of the end of October since I will be at a state APA conference in C-U at that time. Management is compensating all 70 tenants in the 220 unit building. I am still ticked since I am studying hard for the AICP exam, which I still don't know if I am elligible for. Grrrrr.

I've got exterior paint to finish up; an attic window repair that got delayed when the temps heated up; storage to be moved from the attic to the basement so that additional insulation can be installed up there; and, the grass will need mowed and weedwhacked.

NWS is calling for rain Thursday through Monday, at least. So, it looks like I'll be moving crap from the attic to the basement. My old knees will be barking come Sunday evening...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Friday: Flying to NYC and meeting my 2 brothers (they are flying in from different places)
    Friday night: Mets vs. Braves at Shea
    Saturday: Yankmees vs. Rays at Yankmee Stadium
    Saturday night: wander aimlessly through the City having lots of fun and trying not to be arressted
    Sunday: heading down to lower Manhatten and playing tourist
    Sunday evening: flying home

My brothers and I are big baseball fans. We have see several ballparks together and separately, but none of us have been to Shea or Yankmee stadiums. This was the only weekend they are both in town at the same time. Since they are both closing this year we gotta go!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Planit have a great time in the Big Apple! I'm seriously jealous. Shea is a dump and mets fans are THE WORST. Do not, I repeat, do not wear Braves gear unless you are ready for a good old fashioned New York razzing (or worse).

You'll find Yankee Stadium has fantastic sight lines just about anywhere you sit. I was there on Opening Day '78 -- first game after the renovation -- and sat in THE LAST ROW behind home plate. Way up top. Still, it was pretty damn good seating.

When you are down in Manhattan and ready for a brew, you have to go to McSorley's -- the oldest continuously operated ale house in the new world. It's on Seventh St between First and Second aves. Look for JFK's grandfather's boots nailed to the ceiling above the restroom (it's uni-sex) door. Cool place.

Have a great time whatever you do!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Friday:
    Haircut
    Softball game, maybe it is a doouble header, I do not know.
    A or in the driveway afterwards.

Saturday:
    College FB watching, especialy Notre Dame vs. Meeechigan
    Friends from Denver in area, they'll stop by for a cocktail
    Party at neighbors' house at night
    Stay up really late with wife....

Sunday
    ...see wife off to the airport at 3am for flight to Chicago.
    Putz
    Watch the Broncos game and enjoy a couple days of bachelorhood with the

Sunday Correction
    I now will be attending the Broncos/Chargers game with my mother on Sunday. It's good to have a mom that likes football.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Alaskan's get our big handout tomorrow - our annual permanent fund dividend checks, plus our one-time resource rebates will be direct deposited tomorrow morning . Usually, I would take advantage of competitive airfare sales that happen at PFD time to go on a sunny vacation over the winter, but this year, I am paying off credit cards and padding my savings account. *sigh*. It's a step in the right direction...

Otherwise, my girlfriends and I are having a going away bash on Saturday night for a good friend of mine who is moving to California next week.
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" ~Calvin and Hobbes

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This weekend should be a pretty interesting one. The big Tree Sale at my local Tree Farm is going on. I will be trying to bid on some cheap shrubs and trees. I must get my yard ready for the spring.

Also I will be painting...ugh.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    Today: Work, then my wife is meeting her mom and making the switch with the girls who are staying at grandmas for the weekend.

Tonight: The wife and I will go out for an evening on the town, minus children.

Tomorrow Morning: I think the wife and I will get up, take a walk, and get some breakfast at the neighborhood greasy spoon.

Tomorrow Afternoon: Painting my oldest daughter's bedroom. We sucessfully convinced her not to ask for pink walls....she settled for a nice, light purple. Somehow I'll also watch the Wolverines try and end Charlie Weis' career. Thank you DVR.

Tomorrow Everning: Not sure. More fun with the wife. Getting dirty while painting.

Sunday: Taking a bike ride on the new trail that just opened up on the south side of town. Finishing up painting the room. I'm sure we'll squeeze in some other things.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Tonight - Stack firewood. Harvest last of sweet corn. Get tv set up and maybe watch a video.

Tomorrow - Vigorous play with Junior. Shopping chores. Read 'Naked Economics'.

Sunday - Get woken up disappointingly early by Junior. Try unsuccessfully to get back to sleep. End up making pancake breakfast. Unsuccessfully try to read newspaper and drink coffee while bombarded by Junior. Lay down cardboard for new vegetable garden location next year. Put Junior to bed and then maybe play with 'puter, read, or watch video for couple hours.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    tonight - not sure?

tomorrow - dump run, library, yoga then off to get a gymnastics outfit for my 9 yo daughter, then shopping for the little guy's 4th birthday party, then church, then cleaning the house!

Sunday - car wash for church, then party at my house for our son

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Absolutely no significant weekend plans.

It's the first time I can say that in a few months it feels like!

It will be a nice three day weekend off!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Supposed to rain all weekend.

Tonight: walk-arounds with a couple new handy guys found on craigslist. (The one who was going to build me a couple closets has stood me up. Twice. He's done.)

Saturday: another one or two CL guys. Then off to Grand Haven to play in a pick-up community band I stumbled across on the web. Then back to GR to attend a Red Hat party. (Might have to look up the rules for "bunco," if any exist.)
    Followed by the local Avenue for the Arts Market, DT. This is a street party, fair, and hang-out type of deal. I might dress up and bring along an impervious instrument (got tuba?).

Sunday: After church DT, Mexican festival DT. Good chow and music. (I am blissfully unaware of any beer tents.)

Monday: return to suburban office park for more solitary confinement.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    It appears I will be chained to my office desk all weekend.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    It's raining like mad here again. Looks like softball will be called.

My firends are pleading poverty so we won't see them tomorrow and it looks like I'll be working on some applications for various academic endeavors (and watching football...)

But just got my tix for the Broncos game on Sunday. I WILL be doing that, now I will meet my mom in south Denver and I will show her how to take the light rail into town (it stops at Mile High Stadium). Should be fun...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Ummmm....

Studio report
    Data gathering about parks with transportation inside (examples anyone?)
    Passenger count this evening at a train station
    Being taxi service for kid
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Friday: Finishing up hurricane-force-wind proofing the backyard, pick up new dog (#2) from vet, snuggle with dogs
    Saturday: Supposed to rain anywhere from 2 - 8 inches all day, with hurricane force winds a possibility. I plan on staying inside with the dogs, doing some handcrafts, watching DVD's, and trying to keep Dog #1 calm
    Sunday: The effects of Ike should have cleared out, so it's cleanup and more dog snuggling schedule.

New dog, dog #2, has been to the vet 3 times in a week, and we boarded him the three days/nights after his tumor removal. He will probably feel very needy when he gets home!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Dec 2001
    This is organization weekend, therefore I have a multi-store shopping adventure scheduled for Saturday.

Container Store, Ikea, etc. My wife and I are sick of having no place to put the kids papers/homework and no place to store odds and ends. This all ends this weekend.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I forgot the most important thing this weekend. Watching the #1 ranked team in college football lose.

O-H...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Amendment: looks like SNL's new season starts this weekend. I will be finding the rabbit ears and tinfoil antenna.

Hey! Last time the box was plugged in was to watch Lance host the show! 2006 or thereabouts.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes.....

Some changes to my weekend.....

Katie went to a candle party on Friday night. I stayed home, played on the net, and spent a good part of the night on the Bettendorf.....er, I mean.....Davenport....

Worked too many hours this week. Every week is going to be busy in September and October.....installing a new Warehouse Management System (WMS) in my biz.....lots of detail.....but that's another story.....

We did not make the trip to Marion, OH. We have a ton of chores.....worked on some of them this morning. Meechigan futebowl soon.

Still plan on going to the Ohio State Buckeye party. Found out that there will be two attendees who will be wearing Michigan robes. Woo-hoo!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Spending a perfectly fine evening in the computer lab working on my Sri Lanka studio report It's going to kill me I swear....but damn it looks good.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Friday Softball double header, last week's game got rained out.

SaturdayPutz. Watch some College FB. Head to my folks place in Denver.

Sunday Play in the Bocce Ball tournament at the Denver Italian fest with Pops, Uncle and Cousins. Last year we weren't taken seriously because we weren't in matching shirts. This year we are the Hungarian Bocce Federation
    Look for us to lose in the first round and I will heading home for a hockey clinic in Greeley at 6, mayeb taking some time to watch the Broncos/Aints (sic) game in the afternoon.

-Peart

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Headed down to Greensboro NC tomorrow to see my old peeps and catch the UNC VaTech game.

Ahhh Stameys Bar-B-Q here I come
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Apr 2007
    I'm taking one of the most scenic drives in North America to the ocean-side town of Seward for some hiking, bar hopping, wildlife spotting, and glacier viewing.

http://www.cityofseward.net/

http://www.sewardak.org/

The Blues Train is headed down there this weekend... I've always wanted to do that, but I'm opting for the more-affordable version. Hopefully I can crash one of the parties down there that are part of the event
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" ~Calvin and Hobbes

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Data entry work because I am poor.
    Read really boring articles for methodology course. Some barley pops might help that along.
    Research on land title issues in the developing world.
    Research parks on the left coast that have in park transit.
    Pray I don't have to work for Dragon Lady on Monday-she has a meeting here .

+ Reply to thread
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 15 Aug 2014, 4:25 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans