Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Jun 2007
    I'm going to my first high school football game of the year Friday night. I've been unable to attend thus far due to the wife's schedule. Friday nights in Texas = good times! (Saturdays in Oklahoma are better, but I take what I can get.)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Heading out to the Illinois Railway Museum on Saturday via train and bike. Its a few miles past the edge of Chicago's vast suburban sprawl so this will be my first time in rural Illinois. I'll be getting off at Woodstock, the town that stood in for Punxsatawny (sp?) in Groundhogs Day.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am working the Island half-marathon's Rotary water stop on Saturday

I am also going here, cannot wait: http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/tabid/135/Default.aspx

teaching Sunday school to unsuspecting 4th and 5th graders
    Yoga
    party with neighbors

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    I'm going to my first high school football game of the year Friday night. I've been unable to attend thus far due to the wife's schedule. Friday nights in Texas = good times! (Saturdays in Oklahoma are better, but I take what I can get.)
    Nice. If I ever get a chance to visit Texas, a friday night football game would have to be in order. Preferably someplace where the entire town/city shuts down for the game, like Odessa in Friday Night Lights. In Texas friday night football seems like a mandatory community event, in most parts of the country it would be just a football game.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    In Texas friday night football seems like a mandatory community event, in most parts of the country it would be just a football game.
    It's like that in many places in SC. It's a lot of fun though!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Nothing quite as exciting than last weekend, but...

Golf Saturday morning then go to the Apple Festival in the town next door
    Sunday church and I think Ms. P has an "outdoor activity" (aka landscaping/yard work) project she wants to do.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Heading out to the Illinois Railway Museum on Saturday via train and bike. Its a few miles past the edge of Chicago's vast suburban sprawl so this will be my first time in rural Illinois. I'll be getting off at Woodstock, the town that stood in for Punxsatawny (sp?) in Groundhogs Day.
    Hey... I've been there its a cool joint, particularly if you're into transportation.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Fri: having buddy over, but might be exhausted from day-long AICP workshop downtown.
    Sat: AICP studying, weightlift, helping friend move, "might' go out
    Sun: AICP studying, party for Grandma (she turned 83 yesterday)

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Cool - I'm going to the Candian Railway Museum in Delson, QC this weekend.

Friday - 1/2 day at work, golf in the afternoon. Dinner out somewhere nice, I hope.

Saturday, housework in the morning, friend coming up around noon and we will probably head over to the war museum and then go out and about for the evening.

Sunday - railway museum, dinner in Montreal.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Autumn Leaves

What a beautiful time of the year! Sunny days, cool (non-AC) nights, some leaves beginning to change, football, a sense of "I gotta get these things done before winter".....

Friday PM - Probably just stay at home. Katie is working at her office on Saturday (covering).
    Saturday - Enjoying the great outdoors, working in the yard, putzing in garage.

Still building some shelving, doing some organizing, some "pitching".
    Loud rock and roll will play a part.

Saturday PM - Loma Linda's
    Sunday AM - Maybe outside again, maybe not.
    Sunday Later - De Noc and old movies (until game time)
    Sunday Game Time - Steelers VS Eagles

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    saturday we are heading down to Philly to see the Dandy Warhols in concert. yay! we'll also be checking out one of the local ethiopian places for dinner. yum yum.

sunday we recover.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I may head north and close up the camper for the season. Next year, I might sell it. It is getting boring.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Friday: a contra dance in Holland. Busman's holiday; not my favorite caller. (Memo to self: pick up some grapes or something for potluck treats.)

Saturday: drive (ack) to city yard waste yard, drop off a big mess 'o weeds. (Dang code enforcement person left me a love note griping about them. Sheesh. I pick up all the trash on the street, plant my yard up like the cover of a magazine, fix something every week, and I get dinged for invisible weeds. Zoning sucks.)

Followed by a long road trip to a gig in a small town up north. I'll chain this trip with a shopping run (something not available at a local store, perhaps it'll be available in Big Rapids.)

Sunday: church, followed by a jam session outdoors in a local park. (Just looked in the paper for something to fill this space. Did not know that was happening. Thanks, Cyburbia!)

Somewhere in there: stop by a bike shop and pick up the correct brake pads. I got the wrong kind tonight; gonna be hard to ride DT unless I replace the worn-flat ones.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I am working the Island half-marathon's Rotary water stop on Saturday
    one of the women handing out water with me, no lie, you cant make this up, picture this, shes got a lit cigarette going in her mouth as shes handing out the water to runners at mile 12 too freakin funny (I hope you just spit out your coffee)

Registered
    Jan 2006
    First Fri-Sat two gig weekend in a while.

Memorable question from last Saturday's gig:

Q - What has 80 arms, 79 legs, and 40 teeth?

A - The front row

Registered
    May 2004
    Just found this in the on-line paper:

Hillary Clinton is expected in Grand Rapids Saturday, as she stumps for Barack Obama across the state.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Fri: hanging out with friends.
    Sat and Sun: AICP studying.

Registered
    May 2003

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

This Bear is taking a vacation day on Thursday. Jump-starting the weekend? Nahh....I have some meetings on Friday, so back to work on TGIF.

Friday PM - Maybe local tavern, maybe just relax in back yard by fireplace.
    Saturday AM - The usual: Garage putz. (Warm days gonna end soon, still lots to do.)
    Saturday Later Afternoon - Michigan VS Wisconsin

GO BLUE !

Saturday PM - To be decided.....maybe just "veg" and watch a movie.
    Sunday AM - Son of Putz (The Sequel)
    Sunday PM - NFL football, work on De Noc

Steelers resume action on Monday night. Go Steelers!
    _____

Predictable Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Ummm....

usual homework
    data entry gig to earn some $
    domestic duties. found a new fall recipe to try, will post if it's good.
    in other words...S.O.S.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I am excited because my son's half-sister may be coming to visit in a couple of weeks! We haven't seen her in several years, and she and RJ have not met yet. I still think of her as a kid, but she's going to be 39 this year.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I need to go up saturday and close up the camper for the season. Never fun. Gotta blow out the water lines with an air comprssor, pump out the holding tank, dump RV antifreeze in the lines, and take home all things perishable. And take down all things anti-winter.

Then, on Sunday, is the local "dog parade" where i feel VERY bad for the dogs that get dressed in costumes. My next door neighbor is having a "lets laugh at the dogs" party. I'm taking a camera.

Should be interesting...

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Friday - nothing special planned
    Saturday - gardening in the AM. I have some wildflower seeds to plant, weeds to pull and mulching is way overdue. Then there's the trimming of the Cannas, which in two years have multiplied like rabbits. In the afternoon it's running a couple of errands and house cleaning.
    Sunday - sleep in as late as the dogs will let me. Then it's over to Richardson for the Cottonwood Creek Arts Festival - always good stuff! After that (which could be middle of the afternoon) it's a run to the Liquor Store for supplies.

Both days - I will work on some crochet projects in the evenings. I'm giving several items as gifts this year, but I've only finished one so far!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    May 2003

Big Box Weekend

Here's da plans for da Bear for da weekend.....

Friday - Probably spend a quiet evening on the home front. Maybe make a fire in the backyard, drink a few cocktails.
    Saturday AM - Breakfast at "Legs-N-Eggs". I sure like looking at those...........................eggs.
    Saturday AM - Lowe's (Attack of the Big Box carts!) (Long list....yuck!)
    Saturday Later - Garage putz.
    Saturday PM - Supposed to meet some friends at Loma Lindas.
    Sunday AM - More garage putz. (Katie is talking about installing some trim. )
    Sunday Later - Old movies, work on De Noc's big to-do list.
    Sunday PM - Pittsburgh Steeler football !!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2004
    Friday: Return from K'zoo confab. Load car with PA system, hoopskirt, folding bike.

Saturday: O'dark-30: Drive to Flint for a bicycle education workshop. Essentially, CM credits.

Sat afternoon: Drive past A2 (football people, stay in that stadium!) and Bear's house to go to a presidential museum a bit east of Toledo. My tenth-annual CW ball gig at the home of Rutherford B. Hayes. (Free to the public, c'mon down.)

Sat night late: trundle up to my ancestral home, sneak in, sleep fast.

Sunday: Smuggle a few treasures out. (He's 84, he doesn't need, nor use, the electric saw.) Head to Ikea to pick up some missing hardware. Drive home, perhaps arriving in time for the afternoon jam session.

I'm sure that there will be orphaned young kittens in the garage or house. This crazy cat lady takes 'em to the vet.

1,074 posts already...at this rate I'll hit 2k by 12/31.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Friday:
    -Final regular season softball game. We suck, but are getting better. Good thing everyone gets to play in the tournament.

Saturday:
    -Wife goes to Denver to help friend plan wedding.
    -I will watch football (Notre Dame v Stanford) and we might be having a party with my hockey team, so I may go there. If not, maybe I will head to driveway and see if anyone else is out.

Sunday
    -I see a Costco run happening, then maybe the Broncos game on tee-vee.
    -Evening adult hockey clinic with local college team coach.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 249
    Last post: 04 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM