Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

BUMP, Last weekend in MARCH.

The wife is heading off on a girls' weekend at a condo in Estes Park (no pillow fights planned-- I already asked.. ) So she gave me two seats to her company's suite for the local minor-league hockey team. The playoffs begin and it should be fun.

Tomorrow I will drive to Denver for a 1:30 tee time (GOLF! Finally!) and then putz around with my buddy until it is time to go to the Nuggets game.

Sunday I will be helping my dad start up the landscape business for the summer, but if Memphis is playing their tournament game that work may be set aside.

Action packes and it'll be good to get out of town.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2005
    my weekend begins in 40 minutes.

this afternoon: sushi lunch with BF & dad; pick up composting bin at county landfill

tonight: soccer & drinks

tomorrow: lounging; watch some Laverne & Shirley; pick up ladder to clean gutters?

sunday: soccer
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am making a Tuscan Minestrone soup with an anti-paste like artichoke salad to deliver to the home of the winners of the auction item I donated for the Food Pantry - homemade Italian almond cookies for dessert and some store bought Italian bread and both red and white wine - possibly a cheese plate and definitely Parmesan cheese on the side for the meal

will make a double batch of all for my family meal on Sunday - yummy stuff

eldest daughter is off to her state show choir competition, 9 yo has 2 sleepover parties in a row and Sunday school to boot and the little guy will follow us around on our chores and such -

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I am RJing today. We have tickets to see Lonestar this evening. We get to stay away this evening. We really need this.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Renting scary movies and chillin on the couch with my guys!!

Registered
    May 2005
    Hit the gym after work. Hang out with the family tonight and try to convince my wife to watch the MSU/Memphis game at 9:57pm. (In my house, she controls the remote).

Tomorrow, my parents will make a rare appearnce in town. They're spending the night at a hotel with a pool and waterslide, so my daughters should have a blast.

Sunday...doing something for my younger daughter who turns 2 on Monday. We haven't decided what we're going to do.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Saturday, recycling the cardboard and cleaning the garage. A little yard and pool work. Then margaritas by the pool.

Sunday, morning golf then margaritas by the pool.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Continue yard work, taxes, more taxes, get a little caught up at work, and a gig 220 miles away.

It is at a venue that usually has heavy metal bands. Hope they're not too disappointed.

I'll take Bear's advice and get the tunes going outside. See if that takes the edge off.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    BOX seats at a sporting event are the only way to go! No waiting for the can, now waiting for beers, extra legroom, a TV with the NCAA tournament on, and leather couches upon which to sit between periods.

Oh, and Colorado (Eagles, minor league hockey) won 6-4!

It'll be tough to sit in the nosebleeds for the Nuggets game tonight.

The dogs have been walked, the clubs are in the car and I am about to head to Denver for some golf, hoops, and hops.

I wonder if RJ would take me golfing in F.L.A.? I have the key to a great margarita recipe, voted Denver's best! ('tis true) and I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Friday: errands, catch up with reading newspapers, some tv

Saturday: Go to "Maple in the County", have brunch at a tasty place, visit a few maple-themed visits in the County.

Sunday: do planning for the upcoming week of work and for the beginning of the following week...why?

Next weekend:

Friday: Leaving for the big city, listen to Coldplay as I drive into the city and meander my way through the city traffic, meet up with a friend, meet her fiance, have dinner with them, and maybe rent a movie.

Saturday: Have breakfast with them both before we depart. They'll be heading off to Montreal for the weekend, while I will be going to a conference on Smartboard (see example of it at http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...61762373248051). After the workshop, I'll be house-/cat-sitting in the city.

Sunday: Leave the big city and head home, then get ready for another conference in another town on the following day.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post

I wonder if RJ would take me golfing in F.L.A.? I have the key to a great margarita recipe, voted Denver's best! ('tis true) and I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch.
    Who cares what RJ thinks? I'll pick you up at the airport just to get one of those margaritas!

I mopped the kitchen floor and spent 4 hours by the pool. Tomorrow I'll sleep in while RJ plays golf. If I'm antsy I may start putting out the weed and feed in the back yard. Then back to the pool.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    ....[snip]....I wonder if RJ would take me golfing in F.L.A.? I have the key to a great margarita recipe, voted Denver's best! ('tis true) and I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch.
    Without question you're welcome to our Casa and golf. But guests do not cook here; it involves fire. The ladies are required to keep their distance from open flames. It's man work.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Dwink

This Bear and Katie visited one of the metro Toledo Best Buy stores......new computer. I have been having all kinds of problems. After I finally hooked it all up.....it died. I had to plug/unplug. Now it appears to be working OK.

I may have a problem with my ethernet box, eh?

Did I really have to buy another? I don't know. (This year continues to suck.)
    _____

With the new PC in the back of the Tundra, we cruised Airport Highway on our way home. All of a sudden, the steering on the Toy started to act "funny". As we approached Loma Linda's the wheel turned "all by itself". Honest!

Sunday I will be doing some work in the garage......yes, TOFB, the tunes will be blasting. My tune selection on Sunday will include Vanilla Fudge and Guns-N-Roses. Woo-hoo!

Maybe a little work on De Noc, later in the day, with an old movie on the tube.

Bear Not Quite PWI
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Made it back in one piece, fueled by Diet Dew and Supertramp the last 75 miles. . .

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Made it back in one piece, fueled by Diet Dew and Supertramp the last 75 miles. . .
    TOFB.....what road did you take? Usually if Supertramp is involved they.......heh heh heh....."Take the long way home".

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Heading over to New Orleans tomorrow and returning on Tuesday for some well deserved R & R.

Gumbo....yummy.

Registered
    May 2005
    Tonight - taking the family to an AHL hockey game in town; $1 beer/$1 hot dog night

Saturday - the family is meeting up with the wife's cousing and her husband and going to see the butterfly exhibit at Frederik Meijer Gardens, then probably out to dinner.

Sunday - Probably do some yard work and finish up the taxes.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Friday night trip to CostCo in North Denver... waaaay better than going on Saturday or Sunday.

Tomorrow, probably some work in the yard, transferrign the location of one raised garden bed and building two more.
    Long walk with the dogs, possibly by the river.
    BBQ at 3pm at the neighbors, hoops and hops (), fellowship and card playing.

Sunday, cleaning, cooking (smoking a salmon) loafing, maybe some writing and reading.

-Peart

Registered
    Jan 2006
    All Day HPC Retreat

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Tonight: Work at second job.
    Tomorrow: Work at second job.
    Sunday: Bike ride if it's nice out, work in the garage/shop if not. We have a bunch of garden stuff sprouted indoors that is getting ready to be moved outside.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    tonight: soccer
    tomorrow: chill, read, plan garden, work outside if weather is decent, feed roses, try to talk BF to going to opening day at the Zoo
    sunday: soccer, relax
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Rain Avoidance:
    If it doesn't rain we're going to the minor lrague baseball team opener tonight, golf tomorrow and a little yard work. If it rains (which we do need) I veg.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Tonight: Relax alone with the 'girls' (cats & dog)
    Saturday: Yardwork if the weather's nice (I know there are bulbs starting to come up underneath those matted leaves!); pack...
    Sunday: Fly to VA, where I'll be for all of next week with colleagues. Bad news: nearly 3 hr layover in Philly Good news: Beautiful, warm, springlike weather predicted for the week

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I am currently holed up in a relic from the British Raj called the Queen's Hotel in Kandy. Lovely place with many holdovers from the past still present in the hotel. I am fortunate to be staying in the historic wing.

"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    just got back from Rangeley last night - what a nice part of Maine, wow!
    the problem with living on an island is you don't get over the bridge much...

today - going to an auction - this guy is auctioning off all the "stuff" in his house, doors, fixtures and all because he's going to demo it, all proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity, then yoga, taking my girls to see the local production of The Music Man, possibly a spagetti supper tonight at church

tomorrow - church school so I need to get up early and bake a treat for the kids, then clean this house, yipes, go away for 2 days and the place goes to hell!

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 235
    Last post: 28 Aug 2014, 2:53 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans